Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat!!!!

a92harley92

The boat search is over. After spending A LOT of research online (drives the wife crazy how much time I research something) and doing a couple of demos, we decided to go with Malibu. Although this is not my first boat, this is my first “TOW” boat.

I did some price comparing, and found a lot of Malibu VLXs “value priced” in the upper $70’s (with fewer options). I called on one with less options “value priced” for $75K with 140 demo hours on it. Really? That’s the “value price”?

I had to drive to Bull Shoals, Arkansas (10 hours round trip) to get a GREAT deal. I actually drove it twice… once for the demo, and once to pick it up. So here’s my shout out to Perfect Catch Marine and Sports. I bought their demo boat (60 hours) for A LOT LESS than every one else’s “value price”. They were very knowledgeable and accommodating. Thanks guys!

Now for the good stuff:

2011 Malibu VLX – diamond hull – 350 Monsoon

Ballast – Malibu Launch System (Left, Right, Center, Front)

Battery set up option# 2

Snap out carpet with “WS” logo

3 outlet heater

Under mount swim ladder

Docking lights (front hull)

Transom under water lights

Front and Rear facing tower lights

Pull up cleats (cleats are optional on a Malibu) (Really?)

Power Wedge

Black boat cover

Maliview

Water cooled shaft seal

Bimini

Flo-Cam Camera

G3 tower knobs

Tower mirror

Sound system pack 3 (Rockford Fosgate) (with a total of 3 amps)

Transom remote

4 Alpha II tower speakers

12” sub

Dual axel Boatmate trailer with dual axel brakes

Retractable tie downs

Boat buddy

Mizzou Colors!

I will be adding many more options on the boat later. I would like to add surf ballast bags, another heater (maybe), shower, flush kit, battery ACR, stereo EQ/fader, ski rack, and possibly some better tower speakers in the next few years.

Thanks to TMC for having this great resource. I have learned a lot from this forum already, and will have many questions soon.

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_140402.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

Congratulations and welcome to the site. Sharp colors on the boat!

2 heaters in Arkansas?? I'm still working on my first in Michigan!

Actually, Missouri... OK 2 heaters may be overkill (that's why I said maybe).

Holy smokes. Always lots of chat on here about what the definition of a "loaded boat" is.... yours certainly qualifies...onthing I didnt see was heated seats???

Nice boat! :rockon:

Have looked into that option (again may be overkill).

only thing is you need to fold that bimini correctly, dont know if I could sleep thru the night with it like that!!!

I know... it has been refolded since I took those pics.

Thanks all, really have enjoyed "The Crew" here. I have a few questions... that I will start in a new post.

Congrats on the new ride! Where in Missouri are you located?

Kansas City

That might be the one I saw at that dealer up there during Brostock. the one they had was gorgeous. Even if its not that's still a pretty gorgeous boat!!! Congrats!!!!