Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

IS THIS OIL GOOD FOR SKI-V TRANSMISSION

malibu.c.c

LIQUI MOLY BRAND

CAN I USE THIS IN MY 2011 VLX WITH SKI -V- TRANSMISSION ( 50 HOUR SERVICE)

TECHNICAL DATA

Top Tec ATF 1100

Top Tec ATF 1100 is a hydraulic fluid based on synthetic HC base oils in combination with modern and high-performance additive components for universal use. Top Tec ATF 1100 is suitable for use in power steering, manual and automatic transmissions, hydraulic systems and auxiliary drives. Guarantees perfect operation of hydraulic transmissions even under extreme operating conditions and when exposed to large temperature fluctuations.

- Outstanding viscosity/temperature characteristics - High thermal stability - Very good low temperature properties - High stability to aging and high chemical resistance - Outstanding resistance to wear and good friction characteristics - Outstanding corrosion protection

Specifications and approvals:

Dexron III H Dexron III G Dexron II E Dexron II D TASA Allison C4 Allison TES 389 Caterpillar TO-2 Ford Mercon ZF-TE-ML 04D, 14A, 17C Voith H55.6335.xx

MAN 339 type V1 MAN 339 type Z1 MB-approval 236.1 LIQUI MOLY also recommends this product for vehicles for which the following specifications are required:

ZF-TE ML 02F, 03D, 09, 11A, 11B, 14B Volvo 97341

Density at +15 °C Viscosity at -40 °C Viscosity at +4 0°C Viscosity at +100 °C Viscosity index Flash point

Pour point ASTM color

: 0.855 : 18000 : 36 : 7.7

: 191 : 200 : -46 : red

g/cm3 mPa.s mm2/s mm2/s

°C °C

DIN 51757 DIN 51398 DIN 51562 DIN 51562 DIN ISO 2909 DIN ISO 2592 DIN ISO 3016 DIN 51578

.../2

being where i am in europe this is all i can find ,its a German brand that they say is very good..

My worry is that can i used synthetic in a new gearbox??

and thsi has dextron III standards.. but detron III e ,d ...have no clue what the letters after dextron stand for ...

my main concern is it ok to use synthetic with only 30-40 hours on boat..

as engine oil they say use synthetic after 100 hours

thks

Edited by malibu.c.c

Not the same issue with transmissions and V drives as it is with the engine. The engine needs certain parts to wear in or wear match i.e. piston rings, camshafts. In the transmission and vdrives it is sleeve bearings, roller bearing and gear sets.... that do not need the same wear in. IMHO you are fine with synthetics in vdrives and transmissions. If you are truly concerned you have 30-40 hours on it already.