Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shipping A Boat From Texas or Mississippi To Seattle?

Donnieb

I live in the Seattle area and I may purchase a used Wakesetter 247 from someone in Texas or Miss, and I'm looking for ways to get the boat to me. I've heard that some truckers may have a one-way route and they will happily put the boat on their rig as they return to their initial departure point (so the boat doesn't get the wear-and-tear from actually being trailered the whole way). They also do this at a discount as otherwise they have an empty rig.

Do people have experience with shipping long distances (i.e., 2000+ miles)?

Thanks.

I live in the Seattle area and I may purchase a used Wakesetter 247 from someone in Texas or Miss, and I'm looking for ways to get the boat to me. I've heard that some truckers may have a one-way route and they will happily put the boat on their rig as they return to their initial departure point (so the boat doesn't get the wear-and-tear from actually being trailered the whole way). They also do this at a discount as otherwise they have an empty rig.

Thanks.

Don - Go to Uship.com and get a bid. Also the company that ships a majority of Malibu's boats is American Boat Carriers but i could not find their website on the net.

Hope this helps you out!

Paul

x2 on uship. You can also look and compare what others quotes are getting for the same mileage. Your talking about a back haul for truckers. Could be an option however keep in mind loading and unloading on a flat bed. Could be a challenge at either end if there is no loading dock. Unless it was a trailer like Auto Kraft has (see martinarcher post in the link).

Have a read here also:

Edited by rammer998

x2 on uship. You can also look and compare what others quotes are getting for the same mileage. Your talking about a back haul for truckers. Could be an option however keep in mind loading and unloading on a flat bed. Could be a challenge at either end if there is no loading dock. Unless it was a trailer like Auto Kraft has (see martinarcher post in the link).

Have a read here also:

I used uship about 2 months ago to ship my sunsetter lxi from utah to upstate ny.it worked out well in the end but I had to be careful. I cancelled several bids bc I didn't feel comfortable with the driver. Recommend asking driver for proof of cargo insurance and their DOT#. I think there are a lot of rouge drivers out there, not sure you'd want to trust them with your boat.

Thanks.

Waterski America shipped mine from Texas to Canada...maybe you can give them a call and see who they used

A couple uship pointers I found when I used them, ,other than the insurance checks already mentioned above. Post a picture with your ad, as you'll get better responses. Also, keep in mind people may bid it two different ways - some may just haul the boat using the boat's trailer and some may actually place your new boat and trailer on their trailer. Obviously, hauling using the boat's trailer will be cheaper and you won't have to mess with how to load/unload it. However, you have to consider if the wear and tear on your trailer is worth it. Personally, I had a guy haul my boat using its trailer from Dallas to KC without any issues. Good luck!