Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water/Gas Filter

Big-K

Hey, Have to winterize the boat this weekend, can someone tell me or show me a picture of where the gas/water filter is. This is probaly a stupid question....

The boat is a 2007 vlx w/ 340 monsoon

Thanks

Kirk

I was actually curious of fuel filter change out too. I have a 2008 LSV with the same engine. I imagine there is a filter/screen in the tank for larger debrix? and then - would anticpate there is one in the fuel line somewhere? My old boat had one that mounted just like the oil filter. How often should these be changed out? Assuming Kirk and I can find ours!! lol

Hey, Have to winterize the boat this weekend, can someone tell me or show me a picture of where the gas/water filter is. This is probaly a stupid question....

The boat is a 2007 vlx w/ 340 monsoon

Thanks

Kirk

are you asking about a fuel filter or water seperatpor? two differant things. your 2007 doesnt have a water seperator.

I've got an 08 - just changed the fuel filter yesterday (when I winterized) - it's in the tank - you'll need a snap ring plier to get to it - follow the line from the fuel rails to the tank and be certain to bleed off the pressure from the fuel rail up top first. probably going to be car quest part number 86048

good luck

are you asking about a fuel filter or water separator? two different things.

Technically not correct. The spin-on filter element is a Fuel Filter / Water Separator.

When did water separators stop being used?

ICBW but I believe only carbies had them.