Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

collinites fleetwax paste or no. 925 boat wax

Both awesome. Let me put it this way to you. There is a local high end detail shop here that only uses the fleet paste wax on the lambo's/ferrari's/Rolls/Astin Martin's they do..

how often do you plan on waxing? The fleetwax will last a little longer but does require more work, but not too bad. The liquid is flat out easy. The easiest wax I've ever worked with. Currently I am happier using the 925 more often on cars than the paste, even though would require fewer applications. You cannot go wrong either way. But the 925 is SOOOO easy I can wax the truck in 15 mins, and looks phenominal. I realize you're asking about the boat but I think the same applies. If you like detailing, use the liquid. If you detail because you have to, use the paste.

how often do you plan on waxing? The fleetwax will last a little longer but does require more work, but not too bad. The liquid is flat out easy. The easiest wax I've ever worked with. Currently I am happier using the 925 more often on cars than the paste, even though would require fewer applications. You cannot go wrong either way. But the 925 is SOOOO easy I can wax the truck in 15 mins, and looks phenominal. I realize you're asking about the boat but I think the same applies. If you like detailing, use the liquid. If you detail because you have to, use the paste.

Plus1.gif

Dont want to hijack here, but since we are chatting about this stuff... I have a fair amount of oxidation, is rubbing compound the same as polishing compouond? I'm thinking of trying one or the other, then waxing.

Thanks,

Steve B.

Dont want to hijack here, but since we are chatting about this stuff... I have a fair amount of oxidation, is rubbing compound the same as polishing compouond? I'm thinking of trying one or the other, then waxing.

Thanks,

Steve B.

rubbing compound is more abrasive. Always use the least abrasive product you can yet still get the results you're looking for. If you used a rubbing compund first, you'd need to use the polishing compound as well before waxing.

Thanks,

Steve B.

Steve polishing compound won't touch oxidation but will temporarily make it look better. If you do indeed have oxidaion you'll need the rubbing compound followed up with the polishing compound, then followed up with a couple coats of good wax like collinite.

Edited by 06vlx

Steve polishing compound won't touch oxidation but will temporarily make it look better. If you do indeed have oxidaion you'll need the rubbing compound followed up with the polishing compound, then followed up with a couple coats of good wax like collinite.

Start with a yellow pad on your buffer with the rubbing compound. Finsih with a black pad and polishing/finesse it.It will shine like a mofo, trust aguy with ALOT of black expierience.

Start with a yellow pad on your buffer with the rubbing compound. Finsih with a black pad and polishing/finesse it.It will shine like a mofo, trust aguy with ALOT of black expierience.

Thanks very much everyone above ! This place is THE best !

Steve B.

Thanks,

Steve B.

Steve,

I was winterizing today and buffed my boat with Meguires Ultimate Compound - it is a liquid that was very easy to work with. They claim it cuts as well as harsh abrasive compounds. Not sure i agree with that, but it removed several scratches with a few repeat passes, and eliminated any small swirl scratches on the first pass. i used an orbital buffer with a microfiber bonnet and removed by hand with microfiber followed by the machine to finish. Came off easily and left a very high shine, where a traditional rubbing compound may dull the finish before you bring it back with additional steps. i am following up with Meguires Deep Crystal Carnuba wax liquid. i am sure it would cut right through oxidation. $10 at auto zone.

good luck!