Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hard Core Slalom Boats

kbtheboz

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aneal000

• 88Skier

• WakeGirl

• djustice

This kind of reminds me of when I argue with my wife and she realizes she is losing, she starts nitpicking and throwing out things not necessarily relevant to the discussion to try and discredit my argument.

Are you suggesting that your wife resembles me? LOL

Tongue.gif

I think we need a bikini thread....

Great idea, 2004 at Treasure Island. We walk in to the hotel to check in and low and behold they have the Hawaiian Tropicis International finals. Stayed at the pool the whole time. Yahoo.gif

I really wanted to type up a big long post explaining how every point Toby made was a biased opinion based on some really LAME facts. But with djustice on deck I feel like I can relax a little. In fact I'm almost at the point with this thread to say who cares...

Ok, one last point then I'll call it done (at least for a little while)

Hey Tody - if you go to Glass and Powder, you can buy a T-shirt that says

"Wakeboaring. It's like waterskiing... except that it doesn't suck."

Well that proves it, wakeboarding is better cause it's printed on a shirt.

:)

Actually I had to watch my younger daughter while Carole took our old one to the clinic with an ear infection. It was ruff not looking like a prev. with all the contestants sunning and having a 7 year old with me in the pool.

Actually I had to watch my younger daughter while Carole took our old one to the clinic with an ear infection. It was ruff not looking like a prev. with all the contestants sunning and having a 7 year old with me in the pool.

Did you get your daughter to take a picture of you with the HT girl as well? :)

Did you get your daughter to take a picture of you with the HT girl as well? :)

I tried but the picture just didn't come out that well. As you watching the kid, I already had one at the clinic. Meeting my wife there with that other was not an option. Check out the Crew's store, I only see "If it were easy it would be called wakeboarding" T-shirts. Tongue.gif

Since we are on "touchy" subjects I've got a new one.

How come it's socially acceptable for Joe to have an avatar of an animated dude exploding but it's wrong for me to have an avatar of two girls sharing a sucker?

Just wondering how our society rationalizes certain things?

Come on bikini boys, help me understand this! :)

Since we are on "touchy" subjects I've got a new one.

How come it's socially acceptable for Joe to have an avatar of an animated dude exploding but it's wrong for me to have an avatar of two girls sharing a sucker?

Just wondering how our society rationalizes certain things?

Come on bikini boys, help me understand this! :)

Maybe if you had a "cartoon" of two girls sharing a sucker.

Joe

PS. If my new avatar bothers anyone, I'll happily remove it. I just thought it was funny.

I think that avatar would go along way in showing that waterskiing girl and wakeboarder girl can co-exist and share a sucker.

And knowing the tech knowledge around here, someone will photoshop two guys or tgaugh's dog using sucker as well.... Surprised.gif

In fact I'm almost at the point with this thread to say who cares...

We're agreeing on more and more as time goes on...this thread is obviously bringing us all much closer together.

surf 71, the kenny you are refering to was a young man by the name of Mark Kenny, an Australian pro wakeboarder who died in his sleep after having a reaction to pain killer tablets not on a slider. He was a gun! There was even talk of him pulling off a 1080. Parks is the only other known rider to land this AWESOME trick, If still around many believe he would be educating the likes of parks and Shapiro on how to wakeboard! he probably was the next big thing but died tragically.

Dont get me wrong guys, i stand on that sideways board too, yes i have tried to hit sliders, but failed and nearly got worked on it big time! I am not against it, it is a great sport in its own right and have a laugh doing it. Wakeboarding has grown the entire industry and in many ways has saved the companies that produce waterskiing products, and i thank it for that, but its not the same as skiing..

I will not post again on this subject, its done.. ROFL.gif

I will not pick sides on this one. Everyone has their own opinion, and you all know what opinions are like. I will, however, say that the guy that really gets my respect on the water, is the guy with a career, making a decent six figure income, that has paid his own way ( boat, gas, skis, ect.), and can run short line, or do a cool wakeboard run. Most of these guys are not pissing people off at the lake. They know what it takes to be successful in all walks of life.

"Amen" to what brazosvet said. (Oops... didn't mean to sound religious or anti-religious. Oops.... didn't mean to take us off topic to other sacred ground. Oops... I did it again. )

I will, however, say that the guy that really gets my respect on the water, is the guy with a career, making a decent six figure income, that has paid his own way ( boat, gas, skis, ect

So money will get your respect? To bad I know alot of great people that don't make that kind of money... myself included.

WAAAAY off topic. Hremington, when i saw your Avatar, i thought TR was back...looks just like his.

SHHHHHH...(it is his)...don't rouse a hibernating Cantankerous Contrarian Canuckian® Shuswapian bear while in its Barcalounger®.

WAAAAY off topic. Hremington, when i saw your Avatar, i thought TR was back...looks just like his.

SHHHHHH...(it is his)...don't rouse a hibernating Cantankerous Contrarian Canuckian® Shuswapian bear while in its Barcalounger®.

ROFL.gifCrazy.gifShocking.gif

I will, however, say that the guy that really gets my respect on the water, is the guy with a career, making a decent six figure income, that has paid his own way ( boat, gas, skis, ect

So money will get your respect? To bad I know alot of great people that don't make that kind of money... myself included.

No, you missed my point by a mile. It's not the money that I respect, it's the MAN that worked hard to earn both what he has and what he has accomplished on the water. It's balance, of career, and personal goals that I admire, in the mean time being successful at both. Just because someone is a great skier doesn't show the entire package. Was he working while he was training, or did he have nothing else to do but ski? If not, then I would sure hope he could be the best in the world.