Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wakesetter depthsounder: distance from hull???

Hi,

I just wanted to double check that the 2007 wakesetter LSV depthsounder states the depth from the hull to perceived bottom of lake and not the depth from the top of the water (waterline). So it does not compensate (or have compensation settings) for the depth of the boat.

Also, it is from the hull and not the bottom of prop right?

So to get the clearance from the prop, you take the depth and subtract the distance from hull to prop.

Edited by JoeMama

Hi,

I just wanted to double check that the 2007 wakesetter LSV depthsounder states the depth from the hull to perceived bottom of lake and not the depth from the top of the water (waterline). So it does not compensate (or have compensation settings) for the depth of the boat.

So to get the clearance from the prop, you take the depth and subtract the distance from hull to prop.

Thanks,

You are correct, unless for some strange reason someone put an offset into your depth finder/sounder, which is unlikely.

Hi,

Thanks,

The one in my 2006 was not adjusted right when I first got it. There appeared to be an offset incorrect, I hit a rock in what it said was 5 feet of water. When I got out, the water just barley came to my knees!

Now it's set to the bottom of the underwater gear. At 5 feet, it's closer to 7.

I would like mine to read the depth from the prop. I've had mine say 6 foot and I jumped in to find the water barely come up to my waist. Mine's consistent, just not accurate, I subtract 3 foot from the reading to get the actual water depth and another 2 foot for prop clearance.

The one in my 2006 was not adjusted right when I first got it. There appeared to be an offset incorrect, I hit a rock in what it said was 5 feet of water. When I got out, the water just barley came to my knees!

Now it's set to the bottom of the underwater gear. At 5 feet, it's closer to 7.

Did you do the adjustment yourself? How?