Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 Malibu 247 lsv pricing help!

disguybao

I have been in the market for a 23 lsv for quite sometimes now but ran over a guy with a 2010 247 lsv with a lot of options in it already, it has about 150 hrs on it. Is 60k a great deal for it or just average? Also I am new to this forum and was trying to do my research for the 247 lsv, somehow the search engine won't do anything. Can somebody give me some thoughts on the boat and comparison to the 23? Thank you in advance

if its in good condition, has the service paperwork(ie 3-4 services correctly performed) yes thats a good price.

That boat, new right now, yes there are still some brand new 2010 247's at dealers, right now is 73-75k. I assume it has the 6.2 HH motor... its the updated 6.2, folks lke the engine, but its been discontinued....now they put the 6.0 as the standard engine....

what options? where is the boat at? Post some more detail and post some pics, lots more folks will chime in and give you their thoughts... good luck in the hunt. FYI, i love the big 247, its a wakesurifng machine. massive wake at 22mph.

only other consideration...and its a huge one...dealer purchase or private sale???... if private, how will the local dealer treat you when you go to them for warranty work NOT having bought the boat from them? call the service manager now, and straight up ask him. you are buying that boat assuming you have a full 2 yrs of warranty left...that truly depends from dealer to dealer...

I have been in the market for a 23 lsv for quite sometimes now but ran over a guy with a 2010 247 lsv with a lot of options in it already, it has about 150 hrs on it. Is 60k a great deal for it or just average? Also I am new to this forum and was trying to do my research for the 247 lsv, somehow the search engine won't do anything. Can somebody give me some thoughts on the boat and comparison to the 23? Thank you in advance

$60k is more than a great deal, its an awesome deal. 247 is a huge boat if you have means to store it I say go for it, the 23 LSV is a wake and wave throwing machine as well. Can't go wrong either way.

This is from his listing how do i add pictures?

Corvette LS3 engine 450hp

The boat is heavily optioned including a custom Kenwood stereo system with speakers throughout the boat and on the tower. Satellite Sirius radio, custom equalizer, PA system and iPod, iPhone ready. Six speakers in the boat and four on the tower. Three different radio control panels. The MaliView system automates many features on the boat including video capabilities.

Other options include underwater transom lights, pop-up bow light, dual battery box, G3 tower, boat cover and forward ballast.

$60k is more than a great deal, its an awesome deal.

esp with the options he has listed, the 75K comp I described was on a mid level equipped....those options would drive it near 78-80 new. Those 150hrs might discount 5-8k max at retail level. so thats approx 12-15k under anything listed anywhere.

gotta ensure the boat and engine are in good order.... and the paperwork, title etc are legit.

yep, seems too good to be true. :whistle:

he was originally asking 72k for it a long time ago, then went to 65k, and now 60k. Its been a 3 month ordeal so I guess he really needs to let it go?

Yeah I'd say so, sounds hard up.

Ive seen that boat listed for a while now..If I was looking for a boat that big I probably would have bought it figuring it already has the Malivue and is the color I want(all black). Looks like a really clean boat. Like the others said, I would look at the history on the boat and see how well it has been taken care of.

i live in denton and i have a good friend that works for a shop i can have him go over the boat he would like some cash for the work but not that much if you need some help.

i ship my last boat to NY if you need some help with that too .

Ed 940-390-4183

Exactly. I had a MC dealer offer me 72k on mine (medium options, 58hrs) 1 week ago, on my boat, on any trade on any boat he had, full MC/Nautique dealer, with roughly 40-50 new 2010's, 2011s, 2012s in stock at the dealer.

That suggests he is confident he can sell mine for 75-76 or more. No way possible a 2010 is a full 10-15K less in value, and that boat is gorgeous.

Edited by nyryan2001

Nada doesn't mean jack and rarely captures options correctly.

NADA means jack to the bank if you're financing it. As for options, they're good negotiating points. But, once again, if you're financing it, the bank could care less about the latest gadgets.

NADA means jack to the bank if you're financing it. As for options, they're good negotiating points. But, once again, if you're financing it, the bank could care less about the latest gadgets.

It doesn't mean jack as in what boats are selling for.

Edit: or even what they are worth, case in point the posts above.

Edited by 06vlx

Somebody definitely hijack my deal and offer him more money for the boat. After rammer998 posted the listing he gotten alot more calls and sold the boat to someone else, now I am actually kind of bum about it, instead of getting advice I just got jack.

Somebody definitely hijack my deal and offer him more money for the boat. After rammer998 posted the listing he gotten alot more calls and sold the boat to someone else, now I am actually kind of bum about it, instead of getting advice I just got jack.

Sorry to hear that, but it was a good deal for sure, assuming it was as good as it was advertised to be.

For any future folks reading this thread...if you find a 2010 anytime soon for 60K, tell no one and go buy it.

I watched that add for quite a while earlier this summer. It was just out of my price range, I ended up buying a 2007 247 for 53k. Now I wish I would have called him, definitely a good price! I have been looking at 247's for several years now and unless they are junk the don't sell cheap.

i totally agree with the comment below, you have to find this out......I am just sad that you have to........think this is a sign of a model that is breaking down. You should never have to worry about this, it should be like a car full stop. A warranty is a warranty this sucks............

only other consideration...and its a huge one...dealer purchase or private sale???... if private, how will the local dealer treat you when you go to them for warranty work NOT having bought the boat from them? call the service manager now, and straight up ask him. you are buying that boat assuming you have a full 2 yrs of warranty left...that truly depends from dealer to dealer...