Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Theft

Thieves siphoned all my fuel out of my 2001 23 LSV while it was parked at my house. Anyone know of any devices to prevent siphoning? I have seen black plastic locking gas caps that replace the nice chrome ones. They are ugly! I was hoping to find another device so I could keep my exixting fuel caps. Thanks!

Not sure of anything like that, im sure there are billet or chrome locking gas caps that cost more, but you could always run the plastic locking cap when parked over night and then take it off and run your normal gas cap during the day. I know it may be a hassle but its worth not having your gas stolen.

Thieves siphoned all my fuel out of my 2001 23 LSV while it was parked at my house. Anyone know of any devices to prevent siphoning? I have seen black plastic locking gas caps that replace the nice chrome ones. They are ugly! I was hoping to find another device so I could keep my exixting fuel caps. Thanks!

You can repalce the shiney chrome non loacking gas caps with locking gas caps.

Or a big hungry loud barking dog!!

Edited by jkendallmsce

Just get the locking black one from Bake's. That's what I did and use it while you have your boat parked at home. When you go out to the lake, put your shiny silver one back on. Who cares how it looks parked in your driveway anyway? What's more important to you, 35+ gallons of gas or an ugly locking gas cap? :whistle:

EDIT: Here's one I found. Not sure if it works with BU's, but worth inquiring about it at least.

Locking Stainless Gas Cap

Edited by areamike

What happens when they unscrew the three screw at pry that Gas Cap from hose?

Not only will you be out a tank of gas but may be getting some gel work done.

The locking gas cap may deter the thief's - but uf they want the gas they will come back with the proper tools and get it.

What happens when they unscrew the three screw at pry that Gas Cap from hose?

Not only will you be out a tank of gas but may be getting some gel work done.

The locking gas cap may deter the thief's - but uf they want the gas they will come back with the proper tools and get it.

Too much hassle and they'll move onto the next victim, I think that's the idea here.