Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thieves get our gear

Ohmsby

Stolen from our boat at the marina..... 5 surfboards and 2 wake boards Would like to ask the crew especially in Texas to be on the lookout for the following:

Liquid force trip wakeboard 146

Liquid force pink wakeboard 135

Ronix duke surf has very distinctive black nose from a repair

Ronix Cortez surf

Grind water Shapiro ginsu surf ( has some fiberglass work from repair)

Phase five razz surf

9 foot surf blue edges white top

Insurance is going to cover loss but it still sucks we are on lake lewisville any help is appreciated

Sorry to hear that, I hate a frickin thief.

If they are stupid enough to take it in the first place, they're probably just as stupid to take it back out on Lewisville.

You might check some pawn shops in the area or just call around to some. We spend quite a bit of time on Lewisville and we have friends that live out there. Post some pics if you can find some. I'll forward your note along to them too.

Gear was in 2 spots in the boat and locked up on the dock. Hopefully someone will come across one or more of the items and we can catch them. We found parts from a friends stolen race car on Craigslist a few years ago and they caught the guy so who knows. Unless the Marina becomes proactive about security I believe we will be moving on. They have 0 cameras and I would lobby for a monitored system as this issue will only get worse. After further discussion many were or have been burglarized over the summer and the Marina has neglected to notify the tenants of the mischief. We are typically on the boat 2-3 times a week but had been out of town and had not been to the dock for 8 or 9 days.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for our gear

Cottonwood creek. The Marina is clean, well maintained and the staff is great. I just want the ownership to be proactive when it comes to a known and continuing issue. A case can be made for taking everything with you each time but using that logic the next step would be removing the stereo then the prop and so on. I am investigating some alarm /camera system for our slip

Edited by Ohmsby

Just my $.02, but it is very easy to disable a camera and then do some thieving. You got a lot of stuff taken and I would be really mad, but don't be too quick to move on to another marina. Taking boards is a whole lot easier than removing a stereo or a prop. I would pack up each time and stick with the marina if you are really happy with everything else they provide. Maybe even suggest to them some dummy cameras? I'm sure they are reluctant due to the cost of installing a system and then accepting the responsibility of reviewing and maintaining it.

I've had a Viper system for over 3 years and love it ... works great when the boat is on the lift or in the the driveway.

http://viper.com/

It would be interesting to see if it would work for you ... with the boat in the water I just don't know + you'd probably want to give the marina one of your remotes.

Certainly not blaming the Marina. If my post came off that way. I think the monitored camera system would be a benefit to our marina in the face of multiple incidents. I have asked they notify us when theft occurs at the marina so we can check our boats and make a informed decision regarding the amount of diligence we use regarding our boats and gear. We will build a board cage in our shop this winter for locking up boards and I am going to invest in some dock specific security.

Thanks again for all who have eyes and ears out for our stuff. A happy ending would be to catch these folks