Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wedge corrosion

ghis

The manual wedge on my wakesetter lx is corroded, is there a stainless replacement available or a way to keep it from corroding(the corrosion is not to bad yet) or should I upgrade to the floating wedge?

Is the floating wedge going to change the wake size and shape compared to the manual one? Thank you

Can't you put a sacrificial zinc anode on them to stop this?

I installed a magnesium anode on the bracket and it seems to work but I wasnt sure I could put one on the wedge plate without affecting the flow of water around it so I sandblasted and painted it with some interprotect marine epoxy I had, the paint came off on one of the spots that was pitted. Would powder coat be a permanent solution?

Didn't someone polish theirs? Seems like that would be the best option. I was thinking of doing that this winter.

Some will say, "who cares, it's in the water". But I polish the transom, redo the teak, paint the trailer...and when it's not in the water this blotchy, corroded, half anodized wedge is all is see.