Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding extra hidden ballast to bow of boat?

wakecat

I currently have the'05 vlx with the front ballast but would like to add a bit more weight to front of boat. There doesn't seem to be much room at all aside from the two left and right small pockets next to the front speakers. Has anyone come up with any ideas besides sitting a sack on top of the seat cushions?

Thanks

-Johnny

How much more weight do you want? I know you can get another 180lbs in Pop bags in the pockets in behind small pockets you mentioned with no problems. You can also fill the storage areas with them too.

May want to check out this too -

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...html?1137453337

What is a Pop bag??

lead bags 45lbs/each. The ones I have come with strong nylon handles. I move them around the boat for extra weight wherever I need it.

How much more weight do you want? I know you can get another 180lbs in Pop bags in the pockets in behind small pockets you mentioned with no problems. You can also fill the storage areas with them too.

May want to check out this too -

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...html?1137453337

What is a Pop bag??

lead bags 45lbs/each. The ones I have come with strong nylon handles. I move them around the boat for extra weight wherever I need it.

Any idea where a guy might find them for sale ?

I do..... I got mine from my local CC dealer. If you call around and can't find any let me know and I'll look back on the posts on WW.com and get the guys phone number that makes them.

Easy find - here is his contact info - He may have a distributor in your area

If your out of So Cal, e me directly with your zip and how much weight you need and I can get you a price. Freight is a killer now doubt, but the more you ship the cheaper (by the pound) it gets.

Troy

PoP ProDuCts

[email protected]

Edited by Greg_S

Thanks for the link. I tried calling the guy selling the pop bags but there is not a distibutor in FL so shipping would be a bit more then I would want to spend. i guess I will have to come up with an alternative.

Thanks Again

-Johnny

As large as the boating community is in FL, I can't believe there isn't a similar product available for you. have you called around to your local dealerships? I would also check other site's for suggestions.

Let us know if you find something.

I have an '01 23 LSV Sunscape and in the two front compartments under the seat there are plastic trays that serve as ice chests. I would love to take those out and use the new FlyHigh bow sac, does anyone know if these can come out (boat is a few hours away in storage).

Thanks,

Brian

I have an '01 23 LSV Sunscape and in the two front compartments under the seat there are plastic trays that serve as ice chests. I would love to take those out and use the new FlyHigh bow sac, does anyone know if these can come out (boat is a few hours away in storage).

Thanks,

Brian

You would have to cut the glass out. :(

At my dads store they have 8' flouresent lights and for every two bulbs there is one ballast. These things are about 12" 2.5" wide and 1.5" tall and they weigh about 25lbs. each! I bet we go through 5-10 a month and usually we just throw them out but I am going to start saving them and hopefully by summer I will have a bunch of weight to hide around in the boat. If I collect enought of them I will probably get them Rhino Lined or Line-x'ed. You should check with your local grocery store or some type of other store that smaller and does their own electrical work and see if they will save their old ballast for you and you could pick them up each month.

a bunch of weight to hide around in the boat. If I collect enought of them I will probably get them Rhino Lined or Line-x'ed.

The rhino liner would be a good idea because some of the older non electronic ballast leak some nasty black goo when the go bad. So if anyone goes this route make sure there sealed good with something.

a bunch of weight to hide around in the boat. If I collect enought of them I will probably get them Rhino Lined or Line-x'ed.

The rhino liner would be a good idea because some of the older non electronic ballast leak some nasty black goo when the go bad. So if anyone goes this route make sure there sealed good with something.

that stuff is super sticky and it stinks like electrical burn Vomit.gif