Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Always a sad day.

nemalibu

Have a brewski and look at some pictures from this summers very cool times!

Or pack up your crap and move. :yes::lol:

Open invite to anyone on TheCrew, if you find yourself in NorCal (I'm ~ 60 Miles NE of Sacramento in the foothills) and you need a slalom or footin' fix just say the word and we'll get on the water. :thumbup:

In fact, one of my January 1st buddies moved to Santa Barbara :cry: and we're gonna need a 3rd this coming January 1st.

:unsure: Anyone? :unsure:

Boat out of the water. Lift out. Dock out. Acknowledging that now we wait until next April. A sad day.

Just winterized the skier today, tomorrow the lsv. Worst time of year in my opinion. April cant come soon enough. Time to start all the little projects that go along with winter. At least you still get to spend a little time with your boat if you give yourself something to mess with on it. It helps ease the pain.

I am still holding out. I am old stubborn and not willing to give in to the season end. My problem is wind and rain. Dammer can someone get a hold of mother nature and tell her to cool her boots knock off the wind!!!!!

This has not been a good year. A late start and slow fall the weather has been crap. :cry:

Just went out yesterday and going out again today. Water was 63F and air was 63F, wore a 3/2 long suit and VERY comfortable. Only issue was that there was NO ONE on the water. LOVED IT. The river was so smooth, just like a mirror. People around here put their boats away just after Labor Day and I will probably make it to @ Thanksgiving wearing the dry suit.

I am still holding out. I am old stubborn and not willing to give in to the season end. My problem is wind and rain. Dammer can someone get a hold of mother nature and tell her to cool her boots knock off the wind!!!!!

This has not been a good year. A late start and slow fall the weather has been crap. :cry:

I hear ya. I was going to pull my stuff yesterday, but the wind was incredible. So, went to Lake Michigan to see the waves. The were HUGE! 15 footer crashing the pier and light house in South Haven. I hear they were in the mid 20's out in the middle of the lake. Amazing. Dunno if you heard, three kayakers went for a little paddle in that stuff. Only two came back. The third is still missing. Thou shall respect the power of nature.

Pulled all my stuff today… :(

I have perfect weather and no one yo ride with today. I don't know what's worse, ending the season due to weather or friends getting old

same problem. people hate fun more as they get older.

Just winterized the skier today, tomorrow the lsv. Worst time of year in my opinion. April cant come soon enough. Time to start all the little projects that go along with winter. At least you still get to spend a little time with your boat if you give yourself something to mess with on it. It helps ease the pain.

Do you keep the LSV at Holiday Marina? If so, we've met and will be riding into November if you need a fix!!

I have perfect weather and no one yo ride with today. I don't know what's worse, ending the season due to weather or friends getting old

You just hang with the wrong old farts!!! My best ski bud and I are over 60 and we are the first on and the last off the lake. :yahoo:

Open invite to anyone on TheCrew, if you find yourself in NorCal (I'm ~ 60 Miles NE of Sacramento in the foothills) and you need a slalom or footin' fix just say the word and we'll get on the water. :thumbup:

In fact, one of my January 1st buddies moved to Santa Barbara :cry: and we're gonna need a 3rd this coming January 1st.

I will gladly take you up on that offer. I've only slalomed once or twice before and haven't actually tried bare footing, but i love to wake board. I just winterized my boat a couple weeks ago because i can't seem to find anyone to go brave the cold with me...it's pathetic!(I must hang out with the wrong people) My only crew now is my wife and 7 month old little girl. Needless to say, it's tough to get them out on the Bu when the temps drop and if i am lucky enough to get the wife and baby out, there isn't any wake boarding going on with a 7 month old as a spotter. :) Anyways, I live in Chico and will gladly throw in gas money to be able to get a few more trips in this year. I know you and i have mentioned that we both go to oroville and bullards bar. Just let me know when and where yer going and i'll be there waiting on the dock...wake board in hand. :thumbup: Pm me if interested in having a second or third.(I'm always down for a good weekend ride!)

James

Let me correct myself. I was actually refering to Calimali2 when i said " you and I have mentioned that we both go to oroville and bullards bar". Sorry about the mix up. Regardless, it still sounds like you and I are in the same area and i'd still love to take you up on that offer!

I will gladly take you up on that offer. I've only slalomed once or twice before and haven't actually tried bare footing, but i love to wake board. I just winterized my boat a couple weeks ago because i can't seem to find anyone to go brave the cold with me...it's pathetic!(I must hang out with the wrong people) My only crew now is my wife and 7 month old little girl. Needless to say, it's tough to get them out on the Bu when the temps drop and if i am lucky enough to get the wife and baby out, there isn't any wake boarding going on with a 7 month old as a spotter. :) Anyways, I live in Chico and will gladly throw in gas money to be able to get a few more trips in this year. I know you and i have mentioned that we both go to oroville and bullards bar. Just let me know when and where yer going and i'll be there waiting on the dock...wake board in hand. :thumbup: Pm me if interested in having a second or third.(I'm always down for a good weekend ride!)
Let me correct myself. I was actually refering to Calimali2 when i said " you and I have mentioned that we both go to oroville and bullards bar". Sorry about the mix up. Regardless, it still sounds like you and I are in the same area and i'd still love to take you up on that offer!

:thumbup: We'll get Jeremy (Calimali2) to go too. Not this week-end (already got slalom plans :biggrin: ) but maybe next week-end if the weather holds. Jeremy? :unsure:

:thumbup: We'll get Jeremy (Calimali2) to go too. Not this week-end (already got slalom plans :biggrin: ) but maybe next week-end if the weather holds. Jeremy? :unsure:

That would be awesome! :yahoo: I'm hoping the weather will cooperate for a little longer, especially since summer started so late this year :( it sounds like you boat year around being that you go January 1st. Where do you live and what lakes do you like to go to around here? We go to the afterbay mostly because of how close it is to us. We also like to go to camp far west, little grass valley, and on a rare occasion well go to englebright. I like bullards bar much more than englebright though.

I am pulling tomorrow its a little early for me but the weather has been piss poor!!!!!!!!! I could only stay in one more week this year as I am going to be out of town after next weekend and I don't want to do docks and lifts if it bad weather. After I get back I will only be home a few days before leaving for hunting .

So it all comes out tomorrow. :cry: After one last ski!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...it sounds like you boat year around being that you go January 1st. Where do you live and what lakes do you like to go to around here?...

Yes, we ski year round. I live in Penn Valley (Lake Wildwood actually) which is just west of Grass Valley. Wildwood is a private lake and we have a slalom course in the back cove. Englebright is 10 minutes from my driveway, Bullard's is 45. Can't really see any point in driving further than Bullard's. :no:

Yes, we ski year round. I live in Penn Valley (Lake Wildwood actually) which is just west of Grass Valley. Wildwood is a private lake and we have a slalom course in the back cove. Englebright is 10 minutes from my driveway, Bullard's is 45. Can't really see any point in driving further than Bullard's. :no:

I don't blame you if you have your own lake. Isn't it snowing up there in January? You must snow ski in the morning and water ski in the afternoon. :thumbup: