Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is this called?

BlknYlwT22

This part came with the bought and I am not sure what it's name is. It goes on the exhaust to get the fumes away from the teak area. Any idea what it is called and how much it is worth because we have not used it once and there is no point in having it.

CIMG03721.jpg

CIMG03711.jpg

Is that one of those FAE things. Fresh Air Exhaust??? I have seen it before, just cannot remember...

Yes, it is a FAE. you use it everytime you run the engine. Basically, it re-routes the exhaust into the water so you avoide the fumes when surfing. It also significantly reduces the noise leves of the boat making it easier to hear music when you ride or talk on the boat when underway.

I'd guess a used one should be between $250 and $350.

Dave

Yes, it is a FAE. you use it everytime you run the engine. Basically, it re-routes the exhaust into the water so you avoide the fumes when surfing. It also significantly reduces the noise leves of the boat making it easier to hear music when you ride or talk on the boat when underway.

I'd guess a used one should be between $250 and $350.

Dave

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I wonder how much interest there would be in buying it. I don't see it as a highly sought item.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I wonder how much interest there would be in buying it. I don't see it as a highly sought item.

I have one on my XTI and like having it. It does make a difference to the passengers as well (with the passengers closer to the transom there's more fumes they can smell). I've never had the turned down exhaust tips but I believe that this is much quieter and would expect that on the sunsetter line this would be very relevent and desireable. I can't really tell if it makes a difference in fumes when I'm surfing but since we usually have kids on our boards too, I don't see how it could hurt taking the extra precaution.

its a surf exhaust.... made specifically for wakesurfing, and also those on the sunpad as they watch the wakesurfers... forces the carbon monoxide fumes under water further, so they dont suface till about 25 ft behind the swim platfrm while underway.

at 10-12mph, depending on the wind direction, you can straight get gassed out wakesurfing or sitting back there watching... this pretty much elimiates that.

We have done zero surfing and aren't allowed to have people laying on the sunpad because the cops will be on us in an instant. Looks like this one was $520 new.

Have removed a few of them as well. The hardware wasn't very marine worthy and they tend to put a lot of back pressure on the exhaust system

FAE is amazing. If you haven't surfed behind one you should try. I think in tests they showed no effect on backpressure and or performance. I have own 3 boats and all 3 had the fae. Too bad there isn't a easy way to run one of these and a wedge at the same time.

i put one our our boat because when the boat was going surf speeds, the turn down tips would be out of the water and the exhaust woudl end up in the back seat where my daughter was sitting (station wagon effect).

if you do take it off, you may end up spending a significant amount of money replacing it as new STE's are over $200 each (http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=756). you might be able to just put the flappers on there, which are much cheaper, but i dont know how loud those are.

i put one our our boat because when the boat was going surf speeds, the turn down tips would be out of the water and the exhaust woudl end up in the back seat where my daughter was sitting (station wagon effect).

if you do take it off, you may end up spending a significant amount of money replacing it as new STE's are over $200 each (http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=756). you might be able to just put the flappers on there, which are much cheaper, but i dont know how loud those are.

we already have it off. it was off when we took delivery of the boat.

IMG00043-20101017-1129.jpg

I also think it would be pretty annoying to have to get in the water and take it off and on while it's on a the lift. I enjoy boarding and am really looking to progress with that.

If you want to sell it, how much would you want shipped to Alberta?

Trent

What would be the easiest and cheapest way to get it shipped to you?