Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 ballast pump info

Hentz

Does anyone know how many pumps are located in the 2011 wakesetter? Is there just one main fill pump or is there one independent fill pump for each tank? I assume there are independent drain pumps for each tank as well.

Are the pumps easy to get to for winterizing purposes? My local dealer wants $55 per tank to winterize

My small, inconsequential opinion is that the ballast tanks don't need to be winterized.

I thought if they were easy enough to get to and either blow out the lines or dump some pink stuff in them, I'd much rather do it myself than pay the dealer $55 to rape me. I am picking up the boat on Tuesday so I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight before I was able to actually visualize where the pumps are. It is starting to get cold here.

all the fill pumps are very very easy to get to, those are the ones mounted on the bottom ull of the boat: 2 near the Vdrive/tranny and 2 up front in the circle midboat bilge access area.

the drain pumps are slightly harder to get to and require you to remove some panels. Just turn the pumps on and listen for them and then go find them. You'll likely need a phillips screwdriver is all.

turn on the drain pumps to ensure they grab all the water they can that might be there...

There is a blue threaded slip ring around each pump that you can unscrew by hand...after you remove the 1 set screw in the tab. remove the set screw, unscrew the blue slip ring and the pump cartridge will come out altogether and likely any remaining water in the lines near the pump with drain out right there on the spot. Good luck!

Thanks a lot. That is some very good info. much appreciated.

all the fill pumps are very very easy to get to, those are the ones mounted on the bottom ull of the boat: 2 near the Vdrive/tranny and 2 up front in the circle midboat bilge access area.

the drain pumps are slightly harder to get to and require you to remove some panels. Just turn the pumps on and listen for them and then go find them. You'll likely need a phillips screwdriver is all.

turn on the drain pumps to ensure they grab all the water they can that might be there...

There is a blue threaded slip ring around each pump that you can unscrew by hand...after you remove the 1 set screw in the tab. remove the set screw, unscrew the blue slip ring and the pump cartridge will come out altogether and likely any remaining water in the lines near the pump with drain out right there on the spot. Good luck!

That's what I did last two winterizations. The tanks hold a little water which worried me. Yesterday, while getting the Vlx ready for winter, I realized that all the drain pumps are on the back of the tanks. Lowered the jack a bit and whatever water was left moved forward in the tanks and away from the pumps.