Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Schnitz' poll

Victor

For the numbers to be that far apart, regardless of which of the big 3 are in the lead, there's obviously been a big push from one party or another.

Since we're talking about about the best pull, though, anyone notice the graph of the 34 mph wakes in the WSM BBG? I expected the CC 196, MC 197 and RLXi graphs to be nearly identical, but the MC 197 wake graph looked noticably larger than even some of the "lesser" boats. The RLXi and CC 196 graphs looked real close, with the RLXi looking just a touch smaller.

I'm starting to wonder what part wake size plays vs. softness, etc...

Mike

The poll currently shows Mastercraft and CC ahead of Malibu.

I'm guessing someone posted a link to that poll on the TMC (Team MasterCraft) site. That's the only explanation for that big of a disparity. Now everyone go other there and vote "Malibu"... Clap.gif ...right now!!... Thumbup.gif

the darn thing won't let me vote more then once gerrrrr.... Biggrin.gif

hahahaha I found out how to vote twice but when I went back malibu was in the lead by 3% in the last 3 hours or so about 500 people have voted on that site...WOW!

I was bored for about ten minutes............so I voted a couple of times. I think I brought it up by about 10% Yahoo.gif

Edited by trevorb
...I voted a couple of times. I think I brought it up by about 10%

Well considering over 1000 votes have been cast...a couple of votes would change it by .2%.

THE BEST PULL

WHICH SKI BOAT GIVES THE BEST PULL?

MALIBU:

51%

MASTERCRAFT:

35%

CORRECT CRAFT:

14%

:lol:

Shows how "unscientific" that poll really is. 1/2 hour ago Malibu was 16% and MC was over 60.

Edited by NorCaliBu

Yeah....I've never even heard of that site before.

You must sell wakeboard boats Tease2.gif

I'd never heard of the site either... Must be that whole ski thing. Crazy.gif

I voted, hey I'll take you skiier's word on it that Malibu is the best slalom boat. Malibu was leading with 50% of the votes and second only had 35%!

Good job crew!

I was pretty bored this morning and voted until I thought that I would get Repetitive Motion Disorder...just have to clear the cookies each time you enter the site. I brought it up to 51% Malibu a couple of times so someone must be doing the same on the MC site.

What a real scientific poll. Looks to me like nobody has told Planet Nautique about this poll yet, when they do, expect Nautique to surge. This is probably just another clever yet insidious attempt to capture your computer information to sell to spammers, spyware people or even the Chi-Coms.

The poll is obviously garbage regardless of who ends up winning.

Anyone consider the fact that this is just Schnitz's way of getting people that have never heard of him or been on his site before to hop on to vote and, while they're there, poke around a bit? If so, good idea from a guy that rubs me the wrong way.

Mike

If I am not mistaken the 2005 YTD sales put malibu ahead of Mastercraft, thus meaning a better selling pull and most likely a better pull in people's minds!

True! Malibu beat MC now for 3 years running.

Not a slalom skiier, but voted anyway.

Malibu now 48%, MC 36% :)

The poll is obviously garbage regardless of who ends up winning.

Anyone consider the fact that this is just Schnitz's way of getting people that have never heard of him or been on his site before to hop on to vote and, while they're there, poke around a bit? If so, good idea from a guy that rubs me the wrong way.

Mike

Exactly, marketing 101.

If I am not mistaken the 2005 YTD sales put malibu ahead of Mastercraft, thus meaning a better selling pull and most likely a better pull in people's minds!

True! Malibu beat MC now for 3 years running.

Not a slalom skiier, but voted anyway.

Malibu now 48%, MC 36% :)

That's the true test, the sales figures.

Actually, that's not correct from what I remember. CP first got it behind an RLXi, then beat it behind an MC, which was thrown out due to boat path deviation, then got it behind an MC again and it help up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Mike

Actually, that's not correct from what I remember. CP first got it behind an RLXi, then beat it behind an MC, which was thrown out due to boat path deviation, then got it behind an MC again and it help up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Mike

That's the story I know. It sure doesn't come clearly from WS Mag though. I expected conflicting advertising between MC and Bu in the WS buyer's guide. Hoever, the comments on both the PS 197 and RLxi are far from clear on who has the 'current' title for boat that towed the world record.

Edited by HB Skier

To me, it's more impressive that he trains, rather than set teh record, behind the rlxi. MC pulls more record tourneys, so obviously it's likely it will be set back there, there are simply more opportunities. I think it's quite funny how much MC hammers home that they hold the records, but yet had that record tossed at Trophy? and also several records in the jump event for speed deviation recently. Now, to me, if a tournamnet boat company pulls a bunch of tourneys because they pay more than anyone else to have their boats used, and then have records tossed due to the boat, I am NOT impressed. It's a lot more impressive to me for them to show that the current world record holder trains behind a rlxi. Same goes for Dallas, cuz she pretty much just completely rules it. If she rips at the Xgames and they say "new best women's run ever", it's much impressive to me that she learned those moves behind her bu. It's not like she lucked out and for teh first time landed a bunch of new tricks behind the MC! Same for Chris. How many times has he run 41 behind his boat?

Don't know if I'd put too much stock into what he skis behind during training. It's pretty safe to say that whoever throws the most money at him when his contract is up with 'bu is who he'll go with next.

I expected conflicting advertising between MC and Bu in the WS buyer's guide...

I thought the MC ad on the back of the WSBBG was pathetic...

The text..."WORLD RECORDS ARE EARNED, NOT BOUGHT. TECHNICALLY."

Which I assume is a shot at Malibu regarding the whole Dr. Mini "buying" the Malibu Open at his pond and making world record predictions...If that's the best they got, they should fire their ad agency.