Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to themalibucrew

txmxer

Hey guys, Im new to this website but im apart of a few other wakeboarding/boating forums. Looking forward to learn more about malibu's and boating in general. Im from Southern California, but am going to school in Texas. Our family got our first boat the summer before last and have had a blast so far, (after the first couple trips of not having the slightest clue about boating). Anyways we love to wakeboard and primarily go to Castaic Lake for short trips or Lake Havasu.I also ride on the brazos here in Texas. Here are some pics of our boat:

2005 WakeSetter VLX: with the old tow rig

Castaic717-718127.jpg

with the new tow rig

2d9099f5.jpg

I went to Baylor (02) as well and had an inboard boat when I was in college. You riding the river or the lake.

Have you been going to the Football games this year. We have season tickets and and a tailgate spot.

Sic'em Bears and beat the hell out of A&M this weekend!!!!

That awesome! I go out with the wakeboarding team, we ride the brazos river. Yeah Ive been to every game except for kansas state, cant wait for this weekend. Trying to find some tickets still since Baylor sold back all of their tickets, but Ill be at A&M to watch us win regardless of whether I have a ticket or not.

I guess out next home game is againt Misery...

You have to come by our tailgate spot, we are located directly across from HEB.

We use to ride the river all day and I am still friends with guys that I rode with in college....we all have season tickets together.

I will hit you up closer to homecoming

Sounds like you and I are in similar situations. I am a senior at Indiana University and the boat is up at our lake place in Northern, IN. I am also on the wakeboard team here at school so that definitely eases the pain of being away from the boat but the team's boat ('04 Centurion) doesn't compare to the 'Bu. Welcome to the crew! The guys here are awesome :rockon:

I guess out next home game is againt Misery...

You have to come by our tailgate spot, we are located directly across from HEB.

We use to ride the river all day and I am still friends with guys that I rode with in college....we all have season tickets together.

I will hit you up closer to homecoming

Yeah just let me know, im usually out tailgating a few hours before the game.

Sounds like you and I are in similar situations. I am a senior at Indiana University and the boat is up at our lake place in Northern, IN. I am also on the wakeboard team here at school so that definitely eases the pain of being away from the boat but the team's boat ('04 Centurion) doesn't compare to the 'Bu. Welcome to the crew! The guys here are awesome :rockon:

Yeah man Im glad I get a chance to ride a couple of times a week with the team...even if it is behind a nautique :biggrin:

Edited by txmxer

Yeah man Im glad I get a chance to ride a couple of times a week with the team...even if it is behind a nautique :biggrin:

I hope your boat is in better shape than ours ha. Ours sits in the water tied to a pier and the cover is ripped. To say the least it is not pretty.

Ours are kept pretty nice, because the team payed for it themselves. The ski team here actually has a malibu and it is in terrible condition. Pretty dirty, dinged propr (vibrating pretty bad), windows coming off, etc. Our boats stayed covered up in a parking lot when not in use. Its still a bit of an adjustment going from your familys boat/rules to another boat and running things differently. Do you compete in tournaments?

Ours are kept pretty nice, because the team payed for it themselves. The ski team here actually has a malibu and it is in terrible condition. Pretty dirty, dinged propr (vibrating pretty bad), windows coming off, etc. Our boats stayed covered up in a parking lot when not in use. Its still a bit of an adjustment going from your familys boat/rules to another boat and running things differently. Do you compete in tournaments?

Yea our team paid for ours as well but its almost 8 years old at this point and has been abused. We only have one boat and share ours with the ski team. I didn't compete in any tournaments. Our '04 was our first inboard and we bought it last fall so this was our first season with the boat. To say the least I am no wakeboarding God compared to a lot of the guys.

Yea our team paid for ours as well but its almost 8 years old at this point and has been abused. We only have one boat and share ours with the ski team. I didn't compete in any tournaments. Our '04 was our first inboard and we bought it last fall so this was our first season with the boat. To say the least I am no wakeboarding God compared to a lot of the guys.

Our ski team is pretty much not even associated with the wakeboarding team. The wakeboarding team branched off of the ski team some years ago so they dont exactly get along. Yeah same here, we have some really good guys on the team. Im terrible but the only way to get better is to ride with guys that are better than you Hopefully Ill be good enough to compete in a year or two.

Our ski team is pretty much not even associated with the wakeboarding team. The wakeboarding team branched off of the ski team some years ago so they dont exactly get along. Yeah same here, we have some really good guys on the team. Im terrible but the only way to get better is to ride with guys that are better than you Hopefully Ill be good enough to compete in a year or two.

It's pretty depressing riding with them though when they make it look so easy ha. My trick list includes a wake to wake and that would be it, pretty sad. Hoping next summer to really get a lot better.

It's pretty depressing riding with them though when they make it look so easy ha. My trick list includes a wake to wake and that would be it, pretty sad. Hoping next summer to really get a lot better.

Im in the same boat, just started getting the wake to wake. Hopefully after that maybe in a month or two ill try a backroll.

Welcome! Very nice boat.

Thank you!

I never recall refering to my parent's stuff as "ours." Maybe it is a regional thing.

Pretty nice looking boat your folks have.

Saying "my parents boat" to me sounds like Ive been moved out for years. By our boat I obviously mean the boats thats my parents that my family and I use. Just like my parents paid for my truck, but I say "hey want to ride in MY truck"?

:Doh: