Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

APPARENT NEW WORLD RECORD

85 Barefoot

Apparently Regina broke the women's slalom world record last weekend behind a Txi.

Malibu's own team skier breaks a world record behind their brand new model and I could find nothing on Malibu's site?! Does anyone think Correct Craft would have not had this plastered around the internet and especially on their site within hours?! Wake up Malibu marketing, golden opportunity here!

Nice skiing.

Peter,

Dont take this the wrong way, but i know you cant be any more critical than that. It would take someone a few hours to get this properly covered. Regina is under contract for crying out loud, and theres not a video, interview, nothing on malibus site? What a joke. Of all the thousands of dollars they spend on athletes and ads, this event could be leveraged into more brand acceptance among the high end ski crowd in years, notwithstanding that regina already had the record.

This event has only a certain duration of impressionability. It will not be the same a month or a week from now. Malibu needs to figure it out. If they put a high enough priority on redoing the lxi, then theyre doing themselves a tremendous disservice not to properly cover this opportunity. I have a degree in marketing, and im not making this stuff up.

Im critical because i care, and wang to see malibu and regina get the recognition they both deserve, and for malibu to use it to their advantage.

Peter,

Dont take this the wrong way, but i know you cant be any more critical than that. It would take someone a few hours to get this properly covered. Regina is under contract for crying out loud, and theres not a video, interview, nothing on malibus site? What a joke. Of all the thousands of dollars they spend on athletes and ads, this event could be leveraged into more brand acceptance among the high end ski crowd in years, notwithstanding that regina already had the record.

This event has only a certain duration of impressionability. It will not be the same a month or a week from now. Malibu needs to figure it out. If they put a high enough priority on redoing the lxi, then theyre doing themselves a tremendous disservice not to properly cover this opportunity. I have a degree in marketing, and im not making this stuff up.

Im critical because i care, and wang to see malibu and regina get the recognition they both deserve, and for malibu to use it to their advantage.

notwithstanding that regina already had the record.

The impressive part for Malibu right there, and perfect marketing opportunity!

I completely agree. It looks like a golden opportunity to me for very good advertizement on a new model!

Lucky for Malibu these records actually offer 2 chances to take advantage of the accomplishment, when the record is broken and when the record is approved, so not all is lost (yet). It is interesting to compare the different philosophy's used between the ski boat manufacturers in terms of promoting new boats, record setting runs, etc. CC (particularly) and MC are certainly much more aggressive in terms of marketing a success story like a new record or a new boat. Compare the news or marketing efforts between the CC200 and the TXi. There are a lot of factors that go in to capitalizing on an unplanned success such as a new record, but it does amaze me that more is not done to capitalize on it since it was done on a new boat that certainly would benefit from the extra exposure. Looks like this is all singing from the same choir.

Non-approval of the record has the potential for embarassment (see Jamie Beachesne, although that was a videographer error from what I undertand), but CC, of course, immediately used Parrish's record to its advantage and further solidified its redesign made the SN the boat of choice. Malibu goes back to the drawing board with the txi, uses in the Malibu Open which arguably produced less than stellar scores, and now an exclusive world record is set, and its nothing?

Peter,

Yep!! That's one of the reasons why there is no money in the sport. Which impacts the entire industry. Years ago, I skied with Mike Champion, at the time he was in the top five in the world, and he could not make enough $$ just skiing to support he and his wife...

Which is frustrating, cause if folks actually knew what it took to ski even 35-38 off, they'd pooop their pants, let along shorter!!!