Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterization (wrong method)

I have been on TMC now for about three years.

the first year I posted this picture of our neighbors boat:

th_IMG00006.jpg

the Second year, this:

th_boat.jpg

Now, just to make it a three year repeat, and to take it up a notch, this years photo:

photo.jpg

This years is by far the best. he must have thought it out wisely as to where to place the concrete round with re-bar sticking out of it to keep his boat upright. at least he doesn't have to worry about water (other than what is soaking through the cover) getting in the boat anymore.

th_DoubleFacepalm.jpg

I pulled our boat out 2 weeks ago, you can pretty much walk across the cove from our dock now:

th_photo1.jpg

Edited by Live2Ride

WTF is wrong with people....seriously.

Why even have whips on your dock if at the end of the season you are just going to let it sit on the bottom....

Edited by Jab31169

Does he winterize?

I can't quite tell from the pictures but does he remove the running gear? If so it looks like he's somewhat prepared for the winter. I'd like to see how much damage he has in the spring from sitting.

If he's going to let it sit out all winter he may as well get a lift and let it sit on that.

Edited by Jimmypooh

"I can't quite tell from the pictures but does he remove the running gear?"

I was thinking the same thing! It looks like it's not there in the one pic, but would someone really go through all the effort to take out the underwater gear if they were too lazy to pull it out of the water...?

The whole thing is just crazy...

Does he winterize?

I can't quite tell from the pictures but does he remove the running gear? If so it looks like he's somewhat prepared for the winter. I'd like to see how much damage he has in the spring from sitting.

If he's going to let it sit out all winter he may as well get a lift and let it sit on that.

Supposedly he is filthy stinking rich, and owns a few other homes on lakes in cali. I would have to say, no he does not remove the running gear. Even if he did, it cant be good for the Hull to be leaning against a concrete round with re-bar sticking out of it.

I must say though, it is probably the sickest sounding boat (wake boats) I have heard. The side port exhaust makes a mean note.

he isn't on the water that much, he only put the boat back in around mid/late august.

It really looks like the 1st and 2nd year pictures are the exact same different angle.....

uh, they may be, but I am pretty sure they are different years. There were a few pics in my photobucket album of his boat.

He has had it for 3 summers now, the first he only had it for a couple of weeks before they started draining the lake.

Wow thats crazy, if he has that many houses on lakes imagine how many other boats are in this condition. Being 18 Id probably try to talk to him, would make a great summer job to take care of his boat. Then again if hes that rich he should just buy a lift.

I guess if you were a real high roller the cost of the centurion would be like buying a twelve pack. But I think good machines have some soul (not so much in a religious sense) and just couldn't sleep knowing that the boat was left like that.

I guess if you were a real high roller the cost of the centurion would be like buying a twelve pack. But I think good machines have some soul (not so much in a religious sense) and just couldn't sleep knowing that the boat was left like that.

:plus1:

Sadly, reminds me of a beloved family pet, tied up, left to the elements over winter, with no love. Kinda hurts,

Steve B.

I'm guessing the boat just sits there until the water comes up in the spring?

That's certainly one way of doing it. I've seen people leave there boats on a river that doesn't freeze in winter but never this.