Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Knock Sensor on 5.7 LCR (330hp)

Winterizing the Response LX this weekend. There are drain plugs on both sides of the block. Is there a knock sensor too that needs to be removed for draining? If there is I can't find it.

Dwight

I have the same question about my 5.7 Chevy 350 Mercruiser. If I do have this "knock sensor", what is it and where is it located? Thanks

Lowest point on the engine block right above the oil pan. (in place of one of the block drain plug) the knock sensor looks like this and is equipped on EFI Indmar engines with a Delco ignition system.

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

I have the same question about my 5.7 Chevy 350 Mercruiser. If I do have this "knock sensor", what is it and where is it located? Thanks

I just realized you have a 1993, which would be a old Mercruiser Mag Ski motor, no knock sensor just the blue plugs and a few hoses at low points you should pull. you will have drain points on each side of the engine block.

- Paul

I just realized you have a 1993, which would be a old Mercruiser Mag Ski motor, no knock sensor just the blue plugs and a few hoses at low points you should pull. you will have drain points on each side of the engine block.

- Paul

Thanks a bunch for the info. Looks like i already got it covered then. I just wanted to make sure that i wasn't missing any other drain plugs.

James

Thanks a bunch for the info. Looks like i already got it covered then. I just wanted to make sure that i wasn't missing any other drain plugs.

James

Your welcome!

-Paul