Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Let's talk about ropes

WakeGirl

Hank, (deep sigh), I have so much work to do......

I thought that I was finally getting through to you, and now this! Call Brenda and get a rope that actually measures 60' at -15, and so on.

not only that, I sprung for the deluxe kit that included six Clorox® bottles (yes, real Clorox® bottles), six concrete blocks, plenty of coated clothesline, and some great cutoff blue jean shorts from Wally's signature collection. Man, just thinkin' about it makes me want to swig some Ol' Mil.

yeah, you get them ropes too short and you can't get the tube outside far enough to make yer ears flap. Jes' be sure an tight'n up that ski belt reel good before you try them 360s.

yeah, you get them ropes too short and you can't get the tube outside far enough to make yer ears flap. Jes' be sure an tight'n up that ski belt reel good before you try them 360s.

ROFL.gifROFL.gif

And for those of you that are too young to know what a ski belt is (I didn't know that they still sold these):

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog/Li...Belts/index.asp

I'm actually a little surprised that I don't have any of those sitting around. :lol:

the kids talk me at least once a year into doing my beginner's combo ski routine where I get out on the long line on combos and either orange PFD or preferably a ski belt and try to look as absolutely wallie/newbie as possible. Really short plaid pants and strap-on black rim plastic glasses would help. As you could probably guess, it's exeptionally hard for me to look uncool.

I went to the link and all I found was a couple florescent neck braces. Maybe I'm just too safety conscious, but if you should be wearing a neck brace you probably shouldn't be skiing. Dontknow.gif

sort of required, or at least super strongly recommended for footers crazy enough to try it backwards, but I'm with you starfrog, if ya gotta wear a cup and neck brace, there's bound to be something more fun to do on the water.

Edited by HRemington
the kids talk me at least once a year into doing my beginner's combo ski routine where I get out on the long line on combos and either orange PFD or preferably a ski belt and try to look as absolutely wallie/newbie as possible. Really short plaid pants and strap-on black rim plastic glasses would help. As you could probably guess, it's exeptionally hard for me to look uncool.

Do you mean to imply that you actually ski MORE than once a year? :lol: And maybe I'm missing something, but the lack of uncoolness would not have been my first guess. Someone, please anyone, correct me if I'm wrong?

if ya gotta wear a cup and neck brace, there's bound to be something more fun to do on the water.

Nah. It just demonstrates the man has something in those locations to protect. You wouldn't understand. ROFL.gif Ahh, hah, hah. Sometimes I crack myself up! :lol:

Edited by VinRLX

We're certainly glad you're enjoying yourself...

...the cup reminds me of a story involving protective gear of that nature. When the late, great George Plimpton was doing a professional hockey stint as goalie for the Boston Bruins, he wrote about his experience observing the real goalies dressing and getting outfitted. Even though they were equipped with steel cups, the sensation when taking a direct shot from a frozen puck traveling 100+ mph was unlike anything words could describe, akin to having your top lip pulled up and over the top of your head. It also emitted a quite audible "gong", therefore the term "ringing the berries". To mitigate as much discomfort as possible and minimize the damage, the goalies would stuff the steel cup with some wadded up newspaper. After witnessing a couple of crotch shots, Plimpton went to the locker room to get dressed and was ready after using the entire front sections of the New York Times and the Boston Globe. :lol: