Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Let's talk about ropes

WakeGirl

I like the MasterLine candy stripe line, just looks pretty. I've been switching between the Straight Advantage Greptile Handle and the Composite Pro Dbl Radius Handle.

Edited by onamission
Straightline Composite Pro Dbl Radius handle for me...no wrist pain.

Only rope I've used I don't like is a Proline - the loops are too small for the pylon on my 05 RLXi.

Did you know that you don't have to put the loop directly over the pylon? If you pull a small section of the line through the loop you create a new larger and infintely adjustable loop to place over any size pylon. Works well and fast on and off.

Straightline Composite Pro Dbl Radius handle for me...no wrist pain.

Only rope I've used I don't like is a Proline - the loops are too small for the pylon on my 05 RLXi.

Did you know that you don't have to put the loop directly over the pylon? If you pull a small section of the line through the loop you create a new larger and infintely adjustable loop to place over any size pylon. Works well and fast on and off.

Hear ya..the problem is how it draws up against the knot between sections. As the "created" loop pulls tight through the existing loop, it gets hung up on the knot. If you don't work the "created" loop over the knot, it'll pull over the knot as you're pulling through the wakes. Given that the loop is so small, it's an exercise to work the loop over the knot on the 05 pylon.

I keep that rope in my 01 that has the smaller pylon and it's less of an issue...still a pain compared to having a shade bigger loop.

Straight-Line Tournament Series 10 section mainline and the tractor radius handle.

That tractor handle is a glove eater, no? It was for me. I usually use the same rope but with the "Team" (smooth) radius handle. Right now I'm trying a rope and handle labeled "Power Lines". The rope is fine but the handle has just a little bit more radius than I'm used to. A friend gave it to me to check out. Anyone know anything about the company? Nothing comes up on Google.

Straight-Line Tournament Series 10 section mainline and the tractor radius handle.

That tractor handle is a glove eater, no? It was for me.

I agree... GT and I have Argue.gif over this handle before :). I bought one when I first got this boat and hate it - it's still in great condition due to lack of full use. I just use it now to torture guests. Crazy.gif

I'm planning on picking up a radius, slightly smaller diameter handle from in-tow shortly...

http://www.jlbmfg.com/

(Note: in-tow's web site looks like it's under going some changes so most of the usual info isn't there...)

The Masterline candy stripe - it looks cool and has the .5 meter take off for the PP switch.

I've been using a Straightline Greptile handle for the last two years, but I'm thinking about giving a Masterline Custom Mapple a shot this year. Now if only I could figure out which diameter and width to go with...

Mike

The Masterline candy stripe - it looks cool and has the .5 meter take off for the PP switch.

I've been using a Straightline Greptile handle for the last two years, but I'm thinking about giving a Masterline Custom Mapple a shot this year. Now if only I could figure out which diameter and width to go with...

Mike

I haven't used the custom mapple handle, but the ones I've seen around our pond seem to have worn funny & prematurely around the end caps...

We switched to Accurate two seasons ago and I really like the Anti-roll handles (ARS). We ski 4-5 time an week and my handle has held up for two seasons. From my understanding, Accurate was an independant, but was recently acquired by HO.

Handle Accurate Custom ARS

Rope Accurate Custom 10 section

http://www.accuratelines.com/

There's a local guy that makes ropes and I use his. His ropes are accurate, the only other accurate ropes I've found are N-Tow and Masterline ropes- that's been my experience. I've been using N-Tow handles now for 12 years a handle lasts me about 2 seasons.

We switched to Accurate two seasons ago and I really like the Anti-roll handles (ARS). We ski 4-5 time an week and my handle has held up for two seasons. From my understanding, Accurate was an independant, but was recently acquired by HO.

Handle Accurate Custom ARS

Rope Accurate Custom 10 section

http://www.accuratelines.com/

we have used advantage ski lines and handles for about 5 seasons. great performance and durability. really liked the handle that had a camber and was vinyl wrapped for the full 5' length. foreign competition drove them out of business. accurate picked up the ars technology but i don't see the handle with the camber or any with the tygon wrapped 5' section. bummer.

forget Brenda...Wally custom makes mine...

Is that a rig from Wally Wing Wandle? You MUST be good if you've spent the coin on that combo. Crazy.gif

Edited by VinRLX

not only that, I sprung for the deluxe kit that included six Clorox® bottles (yes, real Clorox® bottles), six concrete blocks, plenty of coated clothesline, and some great cutoff blue jean shorts from Wally's signature collection. Man, just thinkin' about it makes me want to swig some Ol' Mil.