Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

tower mirror arm

hyperlitenerd

Ok since we got the boat we have been trying to make the lightning tower mirror arm work, but it just keeps sliping no matter what we do. So now ive put it up for sale on wakeworld, to get some momey for it, then buy a better one. So what do you guys have? what has worked for you? Ive kinda got my eye on the titan fixed arm one, so that way it wont move.

Ok since we got the boat we have been trying to make the lightning tower mirror arm work, but it just keeps sliping no matter what we do. So now ive put it up for sale on wakeworld, to get some momey for it, then buy a better one. So what do you guys have? what has worked for you? Ive kinda got my eye on the titan fixed arm one, so that way it wont move.

I looked at the lightning tower arm and it appears to have a good looking clamp. I bought a mastercraft mirror arm and had the same problem of movement in rough water. I ended up clamping it over top of one of the rubber things on the titan tower that protect the windshield when tower is lowered (the rubber things slide up and down). No problems since.

The titan mirror arm looks good, although it appears to have a smaller clamp than the lightning.

I've got one of Rod R's mirror arms. While it took some time to tweak it, it is a rock solid set-up. Wish it had a quick release, since the boat sits on a lift over the summer.

Will the monster tower mirror arm work good on a titan II? Can I use my existing mirror on it?

Does anyone know if i'll have to remove the mount whenever I colapse the tower.

-Trevor

Edited by trevorb

I looked at the lightning tower arm and it appears to have a good looking clamp. I bought a mastercraft mirror arm and had the same problem of movement in rough water. I ended up clamping it over top of one of the rubber things on the titan tower that protect the windshield when tower is lowered (the rubber things slide up and down). No problems since.

The titan mirror arm looks good, although it appears to have a smaller clamp than the lightning.

The clamp on the lightning holds verrry tight, since it has a rubber thing under the clamp. But its the contection to the clamp that breaks loose. It has to be tightened from the inside of the clamp with a hexbolt. So you have to get the first arm to the perfect angle, and they have it tight. So that is the part that goes loose.

Will the monster tower mirror arm work good on a titan II?

Yes it will. I have one on mine.

Can I use my existing mirror on it?

Yep.

Does anyone know if i'll have to remove the mount whenever I colapse the tower.

I initially mounted mine just high enough that it would clear the windshield with the tower down. But if I'm going to be on anything longer than a 1 day outing, I lower the mounting bracket (takes all of 20 seconds) because I often times found myself looking directly into the sun while glancing up at the mirror in the higher position.

I'm very happy with the Monster mirror arm.

I played with one at the boat show & it's really nice. My opnion - while it's not ugly, it's not the most attractive arm on the market, but it's very functional & well put together. All of Samson's stuff was that way, it just oozed quality. The adjustable qualities of the arm were exceptional in both how well it adjusted & how well it was built.

Nice, I dont care if its not the prettyest (man i cant even spell any more) as long as its not some raw unfinished metal. Since the boat show is comming up, maybe ill go wail on all the tower mirrors I can find, muahhahha.

I've had the Samson Arm on my Swoop Tower for over a year. It does not move. I have no quaility complaints at all. Scott, at Samson is also great to work with.

Edited by Hman442

My buddy has that mirror setup on his boat and it's great. I wanted to buy one but since I'm getting the Illusion X tower I didn't thank it was possible. But now I hear otherwise, checked out his site but didn't see a picture of the mirror mounted to the Illusion x. Does anyone know where I might be able to see a pic like that.

WakeGirl: If you can get a group buy on the mirror for the Illusion X that would be great , I would definately be interested in buying one.

My buddy has that mirror setup on his boat and it's great. I wanted to buy one but since I'm getting the Illusion X tower I didn't thank it was possible. But now I hear otherwise, checked out his site but didn't see a picture of the mirror mounted to the Illusion x. Does anyone know where I might be able to see a pic like that.

WakeGirl: If you can get a group buy on the mirror for the Illusion X that would be great , I would definately be interested in buying one.

She posted some pics on another thread, here is the link: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....indpost&p=74379