Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

dead in the water

Need some help, boat was running well, about 32 mph down river, then boat went dead.

Engine turns over, fuses looked ok, just would not start.

Got a tow in, then added 20 gallons of fuel as I thought it was out even though gauge said read 1/4 tank. Still would not start.

Could it be starter, fuel filter, fuel pump? What a bad way to end the year on the lake, but will give me time to fix issue before next years.

Regards,

Todd

Don't forget the nasty kill switch. I once took off my shirt, threw it down on the right side of the driver's seat and disconnected the kill switch. Exact same symptoms.

first check the landyard (kill switch, then check for spark by pulling a spark plug out and laying in to a good ground source crank engine and see if you get a nice blue spark, if donr check distribitor cap rotors etc... if you have spark check for fuel presure, is the rngine fuel insected or does it have a carb?

Sounds like it could be the igniton control module. If its turning over fine,,but no spark,, you want to check that also. Pretty easy swap out,,and will know instantly if thats the issue.