Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth Finder / System

My depth finder / system in my 08 Sunscape has had problems since new. The dealer has done several tests and fixes, but they never work. This weekend we were out for the first time since the last fix, and had problems from the start.

The indication works sometimes, but then will fault to 0.9 or 1.1 feet and just stick there. A few times it went to 98.9 and stayed. In the past, it seemed like it faulted to 2.8 feet. After anywhere from 1 minute to 10, then it "corrects" and seems to be accurate.

It is at the point that we cannot trust the signal at all - -

Anyone with similar issues, and was there a fix?

What transducer does it use? Mine is a fluid filled one. I finally read up on it and it turns out your supposed to fill it with RV antifreeze. Since I've done that is has worked like a champ even at speed. Thumbup.gif

2008 Sunscape here as well. Same exact issues you are having. Malibu claims that the transducer part is not made anymore. I have already replaced the control module under the dash through warranty. This did not work. I have an outstanding warranty issue on the transducer part for when it is made by whoever. I have been working on this issue for a year. I told Malibu if they cannot fix this simple issue than give me a 2011 depth finder to replace it. Well this requires a whole new dash and electronics. I said, "yes it does" They just laughted. My dealers idea of a fix was to drill a new hole through the hull and put in a old technology depth finder. Jeeeze! your kidding me.

I'll keep you posted.

John