Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

More HO fallout

skisix@38

I got this from Schnitz, read who knows the level of truth in it.

From Chris Sullivan:

Dear Friends, Jan. 13, 2006

With many emotions I must tell you that I have tendered my resignation with HO Sports to pursue new challenges. It has been an honor and wonderful experience working for the company and with each of you. Friday the 20th will be my last day. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I can be reached at [email protected] or 407.538.2633 I hope to keep in touch and look forward to working with you in the future.

Without Sully really promoting their slalom's what's going to happen?

Edited by skisix@38
Time for a new CWorx Outlaw!

If you want a ski that breaks in two! I'd rather keep my ski as one piece when i'm crossing the wakes.... I've heard of a few of them breaking, also to my surprise when i was looking for a new ski at the start of last year i heard of a few D3 X5's breaking, Not sure whats going to happen with HO, they still have Eddie Roberts to look after the skis, or do they now? If he go's i'm switching sticks!

Time for a new CWorx Outlaw!

If you want a ski that breaks in two! I'd rather keep my ski as one piece when i'm crossing the wakes.... I've heard of a few of them breaking...

Hope I don't run out of popcorn waiting for Greg to respond to that one Partytime.gif

...also to my surprise when i was looking for a new ski at the start of last year i heard of a few D3 X5's breaking...If he go's i'm switching sticks!...

Do you have any details on the broken X5's? Early prototypes?

What are you riding now?

Hey,

Riding a Monza now, the X5's weren't prototypes, i know of the one guy that has broken 3 the last season, he is riding on 66's, only running into 32off, and only weighs around 165... After the last one broke he got a Carbonworx! Which also broke.... He is the only one i have heard of breaking D3's so far, but no doubt if he is, other people are. Have heard of many people not happy with Carbonworx though... Apparently they make a good ski, IF you get the right one, ie chances are you will get a bad one...

Have only heard of a couple of Monza's breaking, people using Fogman boots and drilling extra holes in the ski to mount them. The Monza is a pretty lightweight ski to go adding 8 extra holes to..

I got this from Schnitz, read who knows the level of truth in it.

From Chris Sullivan:

Dear Friends, Jan. 13, 2006

With many emotions I must tell you that I have tendered my resignation with HO Sports to pursue new challenges. It has been an honor and wonderful experience working for the company and with each of you. Friday the 20th will be my last day. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I can be reached at ********@msn.com or 407.xxx.xxx I hope to keep in touch and look forward to working with you in the future.

Without Sully really promoting their slalom's what's going to happen?

Nice, way to go posting the guy's email and phone number on the internet.

Edited by Cervelo

Well...technically...Sully posted his own e-mail & telephone number on the web when he put that up on Schnitz's site. :Doh:

Well...technically...Sully posted his own e-mail & telephone number on the web when he put that up on Schnitz's site. :Doh:

oops, didn't catch that part.

Yeah, there have been some CW breaks..... and some goodes, and some monza's, oh and what about the reports of the sixam's breaking and the F1's? Unless you are riding a combo set, every skiers chances of breaking a ski are about the same as every drivers chances are of getting involved in an accident. You ride long enough, and go through enough skis- you're going to break one. My old CW broke in the tail and I completed the full pass at 38off, the ski was replaced for free!

Before the Monza skiers were breaking phantom's and before the X5 people were breaking custom 4's.

So, Bluebu do you actually ski with someone who has broken a CW? Or is it that you heard someone that overheard someone else that thought they heard that somebody else may have heard that someone broke and CW?

All the skis are made in a similar fashion/method and with the materials used there is a possibility that a ski could be finished and have a defect in it that could result in a break, even your Monza! So, who do you ski with that broke a CW?

See you at Nationals?

...also to my surprise when i was looking for a new ski at the start of last year i heard of a few D3 X5's breaking...If he go's i'm switching sticks!...

Do you have any details on the broken X5's? Early prototypes?

What are you riding now?

Hey,

Riding a Monza now, the X5's weren't prototypes, i know of the one guy that has broken 3 the last season, he is riding on 66's, only running into 32off, and only weighs around 165... After the last one broke he got a Carbonworx! Which also broke.... He is the only one i have heard of breaking D3's so far, but no doubt if he is, other people are. Have heard of many people not happy with Carbonworx though... Apparently they make a good ski, IF you get the right one, ie chances are you will get a bad one...

Have only heard of a couple of Monza's breaking, people using Fogman boots and drilling extra holes in the ski to mount them. The Monza is a pretty lightweight ski to go adding 8 extra holes to..

All the skis are made in a similar fashion/method and with the materials used there is a possibility that a ski could be finished and have a defect in it that could result in a break, even your Monza!

i was allowed to buzz through goode's michigan production shop before they moved. it is amazing to see just how little there is to the stick. it's a miracle that any of them don't break. that carbon must be magical.

Blue Bu,

Have you come up with any names? Seriously though, name one ski that hasn't broken.

Welcome to the site.

Did anyone happen to catch the "power hour" the other day with Sully? During the show he said he though he would be working for HO in twenty years. Guess that didn't work out.

Yeah, there have been some CW breaks..... and some goodes, and some monza's, oh and what about the reports of the sixam's breaking and the F1's? Unless you are riding a combo set, every skiers chances of breaking a ski are about the same as every drivers chances are of getting involved in an accident. You ride long enough, and go through enough skis- you're going to break one. My old CW broke in the tail and I completed the full pass at 38off, the ski was replaced for free!

Before the Monza skiers were breaking phantom's and before the X5 people were breaking custom 4's.

So, Bluebu do you actually ski with someone who has broken a CW? Or is it that you heard someone that overheard someone else that thought they heard that somebody else may have heard that someone broke and CW?

All the skis are made in a similar fashion/method and with the materials used there is a possibility that a ski could be finished and have a defect in it that could result in a break, even your Monza! So, who do you ski with that broke a CW?

See you at Nationals?

Hey,

I agree there is a chance of any ski breaking, but the general consensus out there is that Carbonworx are of a pretty poor quality generally. You need to look at the volumes of skis sold versus amount breaking, i'm pretty damn sure Connelly, D3 and HO sell a lot more skis than Carbonworx, and yet Carbonworx seems to be pretty high on the breakage numbers.

Not having a go at you but just pointing out to everyone else that Carbonworx has some faults, from reading your posts it would seem that the Carbonworx is the ski for everyone, you and i both know this isn't true!

Well we are naming names, who that is any good actually rides a Carbonworx? I know most pro's would ride a bar of soap if it gave them a few more bouys or more consistency...

Not meaning to come out with all guns blazing first up but just thought i'd give everyone a different perspective, you seem very quick to bad mouth most brands of ski..

On your Monza review, just wondering who gave you the fin numbers you had for cold water? I know the stock settings for a 68 vary but 6.83 length with 2.53 deep and .73 DFT aren't anywhere near that. With that depth you would need a lot more tip or less DFT, that is probably why it didn't turn.

I won't be at nationals, i'm in Australia, not sure what being at nationals has to do with anything though? Telling you the names of people i know who've broken skis won't help cos you won't now them!

Anyway, not trying to have a go at you, just defending myself! Tease2.gif

Not sure what happened with sully, maybe he jumped ship to Jobe with Herb?

Not having a go at me? What are kidding. CW doesn't produce as many skis as D3, HO, Goode or Connelly. I know of several outlaws that have broken, I know of several goodes,D3's,Ho's and F1's that have broken too. If you don't want to ski on a CW don't, plain and simple. Keep riding whatever ski you are riding. However, you now have three posts here, you have not stated your own abilities, your skiing style, what skis you have tried and your critique of those skis. In fact you have stated nothing to back up your claims, other than you heard of someone somewhere........

I've riden every ski I've critiqued and posted here and the MC site and on the nicholls site, I stated my skiing style andmy abilities, I've even included a link to the national ranking list and my name for those interested to verify that I'm the real deal.

"from reading your posts it would seem that the Carbonworx is the ski for everyone, you and i both know this isn't true! "

I think that design of ski is a good forgiving and fast ski for anyone style and while I think that folks in 28-32mph and 15 off range would benefit from that type of design, I have also said that D3 would be an excellent choice and the goode is capable ski. Since you've read all my reports, you've also read why I think that and the physics behind my statement.

"who that is any good actually rides a Carbonworx? " I am.

"On your Monza review, just wondering who gave you the fin numbers you had for cold water" Eddie Roberts. Additionally I rode that ski again this fall and actually got it to work better and rode through 3@38. My conclusion again was that it was not for me becuase I want something a little more forgiving in rough water conditions. And before you "come at me guns blazing", go to ski tek run by Rossi and read up where he reports the same thing and sites that characteristic as the reason for riding a system 8.

You don't need to tell me the names because I know a lot of the outlaws that have broke and what the cause was. You are just trolling.........

Keep coming back and posting so we all can get a bead on what kind of person you are. You veil yourself saying that I came at you when in fact I posted fact. You have posted nonsense, trolling around to see what comes up.

Hey,

I agree there is a chance of any ski breaking, but the general consensus out there is that Carbonworx are of a pretty poor quality generally. You need to look at the volumes of skis sold versus amount breaking, i'm pretty damn sure Connelly, D3 and HO sell a lot more skis than Carbonworx, and yet Carbonworx seems to be pretty high on the breakage numbers.

Not having a go at you but just pointing out to everyone else that Carbonworx has some faults, from reading your posts it would seem that the Carbonworx is the ski for everyone, you and i both know this isn't true!

Well we are naming names, who that is any good actually rides a Carbonworx? I know most pro's would ride a bar of soap if it gave them a few more bouys or more consistency...

Not meaning to come out with all guns blazing first up but just thought i'd give everyone a different perspective, you seem very quick to bad mouth most brands of ski..

On your Monza review, just wondering who gave you the fin numbers you had for cold water? I know the stock settings for a 68 vary but 6.83 length with 2.53 deep and .73 DFT aren't anywhere near that. With that depth you would need a lot more tip or less DFT, that is probably why it didn't turn.

I won't be at nationals, i'm in Australia, not sure what being at nationals has to do with anything though? Telling you the names of people i know who've broken skis won't help cos you won't now them!

Anyway, not trying to have a go at you, just defending myself! Tease2.gif

Not sure what happened with sully, maybe he jumped ship to Jobe with Herb?

OK,

Lets agree to disagree on the Carbonworx... If it suits your style well and good, i'm not trying to persuade you to something else...

As for me, i run into 38off at 36mph, Skiing on a Monza at moment, have skied on a Goode, Jobe Edge, HO Phantom, CDX and Truth...

All the HO skis up till now i thought were not real flash, Goode was OK, but to finicky for me.. Jobe Edge was a good stable performing ski.. Monza seems to have this trait with a buttload more speed out of the ball...

Sorry to dissapoint all the popcorn eaters! Seems i came across more aggressive than i thought!

I'm PMing MRothwell and SGY and let them know that Greg's got them riding a death trap...and nearly schnookered me to. Snake oil salesman... Biggrin.gif

I'm PMing MRothwell and SGY and let them know that Greg's got them riding a death trap...and nearly schnookered me to. Snake oil salesman... Biggrin.gif

I'm forwarding this whole thread to my lawyer. That way, when I break my leg because my ski broke, it will all be documented and I will own CW (not just the ski) and Greg's house/boat/wife because he recommended the ski. Biggrin.gif

I love my CW - it just works for me. Will it break? dunno, but I have seen other brands break including my non-carbon KD. I'll just take it easy on it from now on, that way when someone asks me why I have such a high-end ski for such a mediocre skier, I'll just let them know that I can ski into 39 off, but am worried about my ski breaking if I push it.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Edited by mrothwell