Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordering a TXI

Mino

So it looks like we will be ordering a new Response TXI. So far the options we are getting are the following:

- Monsoon Engine (5.7 L 350 hp)

- Dual Axle Trailor

- 3 Vent Heater

- Heated Seats

- Zero Off

- Stock Stereo

- Insulated Motor cover

- Silent Rider Mufflers

Any "can't do without" options that I have not thought about?

I have never had a hot water shower. Do you use it alot?

Regarding the wedge plate, we have put in on the last 2 boats and never used it. It is a $300 option at the time the boat is built, and a $500 option later. Does it really add resale value?

I did forget that we were doing the launch seats, and exhaust suggestions.

I've had showers and never used them but to each his own.

As to plate, absolutely. If you have a dealer who will install a wedge plate on a response, with labor and plate, for $500, thats pretty cheap. It can be a lot of work on some boats which is why its just easier to have factory put the plate on while it's opened up. But sure I'll spend your money for you, haha.

So it looks like we will be ordering a new Response TXI. So far the options we are getting are the following:

- Monsoon Engine (5.7 L 350 hp)

- Dual Axle Trailor

- 3 Vent Heater

- Heated Seats

- Zero Off

- Stock Stereo

- Insulated Motor cover

- Silent Rider Mufflers

Any "can't do without" options that I have not thought about?

Couple of cute hotties makes the boat look awesome...I know they are priceless :biggrin:

I have never had a hot water shower. Do you use it alot?

Regarding the wedge plate, we have put in on the last 2 boats and never used it. It is a $300 option at the time the boat is built, and a $500 option later. Does it really add resale value?

I did forget that we were doing the launch seats, and exhaust suggestions.

good to see that the demo txi caught your attention. sweet ride. thanks again for sharing a tug.

we use the shower a bunch but we are on the sick side of the sport. don't know when to quit so the heater is a must, also.

good luck w the new ride.

I don't need them but if you tie up to a dock pull up cleats are nice.

Stainless pylon?

I would get a wedge plate even thought I would never use it either, it leaves you options for kids

Shower would be tough. I would probably get one but we only use it about 5 times a year

Depth finder

differen't steering wheel

Edited by bretski75

good to see that the demo txi caught your attention. sweet ride. thanks again for sharing a tug.

we use the shower a bunch but we are on the sick side of the sport. don't know when to quit so the heater is a must, also.

good luck w the new ride.

tvano,

Yes we caught the bug after having the demo for a couple of days. So next year you will have to bring the barefoot suit and try footing behind the boat.

Our boat now has a heater and I would never order another boat without one. Never tried a shower to know if I would use it. I have a drysuit for when it is really cold. I may look into the cost of hte shower.

The shower is mostly only good for a wetsuit. Which probably isn't often since you have a drysuit. We mostly use ours for giving the dog a bath on the platform. Work pretty nice.

The shower is mostly only good for a wetsuit. Which probably isn't often since you have a drysuit. We mostly use ours for giving the dog a bath on the platform. Work pretty nice.

I have to admit that I have thought the same about the shower. If the water is cold I just put the drysuit on. The course on our lake is down on the weekends. To put it back up you have to dive for each of the bouys and boat guides. As the water gets colder, the less interested I am in going for a swin to put the course up. So we end up just free skiing, and a drysuit is just fine.

tvano,

Yes we caught the bug after having the demo for a couple of days. So next year you will have to bring the barefoot suit and try footing behind the boat.

Our boat now has a heater and I would never order another boat without one. Never tried a shower to know if I would use it. I have a drysuit for when it is really cold. I may look into the cost of hte shower.

we ski as long as the pond isn't frozen so we use the heater a bunch even when in a drysuit.

holler if you are in need of a second.

I'd give up my heater before my shower. Even with a dry suit, a cold head is a cold head. Steamy hot water shower will warm you up in no time. Folks in the boat can always wear more layers of clothes.

Just to add a little humor jjackkrash, let's take a look. :)

Things removable in a boat that weigh more than a wedge plate:

- Rear Seat

- Platform

- 1 Gallon of Gas

- Trunk Lids

- Engine box

- Any passenger

- Jump Seat

- Combo skis

- Trick skis

- 1.5 slalom skis

- Jump skis

- Boom

Peter :)

Just to add a little humor jjackkrash, let's take a look. :)

Things removable in a boat that weigh more than a wedge plate:

- Rear Seat

- Platform

- 1 Gallon of Gas

- Trunk Lids

- Engine box

- Any passenger

- Jump Seat

- Combo skis

- Trick skis

- 1.5 slalom skis

- Jump skis

- Boom

Peter :)

Hehe. I didn't know how much the plate weighed, that's why I asked. I still wouldn't put it on a slalom boat, however.

Also, on your checklist, I have at one time or another removed every item on your list to reduce weight, except the engine box and platform, especially things like extra passengers, the rear seat, and unnecessary gas. It all adds up, and I especially don't want extra weight in the stern. If I didn't think the rear platform was a safety issue, that would be gone as well. Yes.gif

Edited by jjackkrash

Thats a good point Jack, every little bit does help, especially at 22off. Is it aluminum? plus 4 large stainless bolts, and a backing plate??

yes

I defy anyone to notice ANY difference in the wake. We're talking 10 pounds here folks.

I find the shower useful for the following: 1. warm up a (wet) wetsuit for that second run, much nicer warm than cold when temps are cool 2. run warm water down the wetsuit before jumping in the cold water lessens the shock factor 3. warm up / soften the ski bindings making them much more comfy and easier to get on 4. warm up after a run, for the hands, feet and head. 5. can use to wash the boat/bilge/carpet 6. warm up an injured skier when transporting on platform to dock when concerned about injury (that one use probably "paid" for it in one shot adn the water was not really that cold, simply the exposure time cooled the skier down significantly).

I also think it basically completes the "cold weather package" for the northern users, looks like you are planning use on cool days with the heater and heated seat which will actually get more use than the shower. On the wedge comment, it is an item located at the worst spot for adding weight if one is a slalom junkie and maybe 10lbs may not be considered much, but add a few of them and then it is noticable.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ended up deciding against the Wedge Plate and the shower. Both were based on my dealer's recommendation. He suggested not going with the Wedge Plate as most of the wedges he has sold are the power wedges and the wedge plate would need to be removed beofre putting on the power wedge. The shower was a decision that I could always add it later if needed.

I have also ordered an new boat cover from Cory.

We are picking up the boat at the factory once it is built. So that will be interesting to see the factory.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions.

• 5 weeks later...

I just came across this. Congrats on the new boat. I'd love the chance for a ride in the Spring. I also see that I missed the opportunity for the demo ride earlier this year. :(