Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 VTX sticker shock

twrv

Well to me it means every option, 4 tower speakers, board racks, shower, heater, heated seat, etc., not sure what it means to you.

Still not every option though. Did that include trailer? If you're in Canada? I'd jump on that as that sounds like an awesome deal on a new boat up there.

Still not every option though. Did that include trailer? If you're in Canada? I'd jump on that as that sounds like an awesome deal on a new boat up there.

Yeah it included trailer and was in the states

Check out Saskatoon Watersports web sight. They have a 2012 VTX listed at $101,694.60. And a further kick in the head will be GST and PST on top off that. Do the math , that comes out to over $5,500.00 per foot of boat. Man hard to justify that with the short boating season we have around here.

Wow!! I knew I couldn't pass up my BRAND NEW 2008 VTX for $39,500 :yahoo: It was $40,000 less than what they wanted up here, and less than the used 2007's that were for sale.

Check out Saskatoon Watersports web sight. They have a 2012 VTX listed at $101,694.60. And a further kick in the head will be GST and PST on top off that. Do the math , that comes out to over $5,500.00 per foot of boat. Man hard to justify that with the short boating season we have around here.

That's almost what I paid for my house.

Ah hard to justify ...I totsly understand what you sayin there but ...

I love it when people say that to me ...

When we were buying our vlx I had that alot ..." I couldn't justify spending that sort of money on a boat "

When you point out that for what they spend on there peice of shat car repayments , there 900 dollar phone bills, the money they hand over to ex wife's, and what ever els they spend (waste) there coin on ..

they could could own a beautiful boat aswell that sort of ends there opinion on what I spend my money on ...

Ft

Edited by fredtopp

2012 vlx with the lot 120 k aus dollars

Ft

Can anyone tell me what updates changes there are for 2012 VLX, is the 350hp now standard? Is it worth waiting or just get an 2011, no discount available for 2011's, may even increase for 2012.

Can anyone tell me what updates changes there are for 2012 VLX, is the 350hp now standard? Is it worth waiting or just get an 2011, no discount available for 2011's, may even increase for 2012.

I heard faster ballast fill 40% (1 1/8" fill lines with 1100GPH pump), keyed backup ignition (might be an upgrade charge), option for extra cleat in bow.... but I think thats about it. Not sure if the 350HP is standard. If you can ge the 2012 I would do it, the faster ballast fill is always nice... although, the 2011 really is not bad, 3-4 mins for all tanks. Plus you can order the colors of the boat you want if you go with a 2012.

I heard faster ballast fill 40% (1 1/8" fill lines with 1100GPH pump), keyed backup ignition (might be an upgrade charge), option for extra cleat in bow.... but I think thats about it. Not sure if the 350HP is standard. If you can ge the 2012 I would do it, the faster ballast fill is always nice... although, the 2011 really is not bad, 3-4 mins for all tanks. Plus you can order the colors of the boat you want if you go with a 2012.

Thanks for the info, the 2012's aren't available here until 2012 and I I don't think there is any build spots available until January anyway, so I will probably end up with a 2012

Thanks for the info, the 2012's aren't available here until 2012 and I I don't think there is any build spots available until January anyway, so I will probably end up with a 2012

Arent you aussies starting spring right now? or can you ride year round? We are winding down in nor-cal, water temp is getting cold and the weather is getting chilly! Getting ready for winterization soon.....bummer :( .....

After you get the boat ordered its about 8-10 weeks for them to build one, sometimes longer.... just keep this in mind.

Edited by Fman

Mine is equipped like FMAN's, but I have no heater. i do have upgraded wheels and tires on boatmate trailer and metalflake paint though. I paid just over 70k in Alabama (which is good around here).

Arent you aussies starting spring right now? or can you ride year round? We are winding down in nor-cal, water temp is getting cold and the weather is getting chilly! Getting ready for winterization soon.....bummer :( .....

After you get the boat ordered its about 8-10 weeks for them to build one, sometimes longer.... just keep this in mind.

Just starting to think about skiing now, still a bit cool at the moment where I live ( frosts of a morning still). Might be able to get a new boat for mid December, just over 100k for VLX with 350, maliview, power wedge, dual batteries and clip out carpet with boat cover and trailer, in meantime we will use the Response, nothing wrong with it only has 470 hrs just would like bit more room

Edited by Flamingturbo

Ah hard to justify ...I totsly understand what you sayin there but ...

I love it when people say that to me ...

When we were buying our vlx I had that alot ..." I couldn't justify spending that sort of money on a boat "

When you point out that for what they spend on there peice of shat car repayments , there 900 dollar phone bills, the money they hand over to ex wife's, and what ever els they spend (waste) there coin on ..

they could could own a beautiful boat aswell that sort of ends there opinion on what I spend my money on ...

Ft

Well said! :thumbup:

I sure am glad that there are a lot of you guys out there that can buy new boats, you've earned it and deserve it. I on the other hand probably will never be able to afford a brand new boat, but I'm just as thrilled to have my 10yr old SSLXI. The quality of the boat, and the persistent maintenance from the previous owner made this a "like-new" boat at a fraction of the new price. So keep buying the new ones fellas, and keep-em nice. I'll be chatting with you in a few years about taking it off your hands! :clap:

I sure am glad that there are a lot of you guys out there that can buy new boats, you've earned it and deserve it. I on the other hand probably will never be able to afford a brand new boat, but I'm just as thrilled to have my 10yr old SSLXI. The quality of the boat, and the persistent maintenance from the previous owner made this a "like-new" boat at a fraction of the new price. So keep buying the new ones fellas, and keep-em nice. I'll be chatting with you in a few years about taking it off your hands! :clap:

:plus1:

Yep I'm starting to think this is the way to go.