Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 VTX sticker shock

twrv

I priced out a 2012 VTX and was told that it would be $87k. When I woke up in the emergency room, they told me not to dispair because that price would include the trailer.

Holy cow, is that what boats are going for these days? Hasn't the decline in the economy forced dealers and manufacturers to adjust prices? Seems like they are adjusting for inflation.

I priced out a 2012 VTX and was told that it would be $87k. When I woke up in the emergency room, they told me not to dispair because that price would include the trailer.

Holy cow, is that what boats are going for these days? Hasn't the decline in the economy forced dealers and manufacturers to adjust prices? Seems like they are adjusting for inflation.

No prices have gone up aggresively year after year.

I'm shocked, I havn't priced a boat in a few years, but 100K for a "compact 20 ft boat" Weren't those in the 50's a few years back?

Materials, whatever. How about making a boat without all the fluff and using less materials. Not low quality, just less stuff

I'm shocked, I havn't priced a boat in a few years, but 100K for a "compact 20 ft boat" Weren't those in the 50's a few years back?

Materials, whatever. How about making a boat without all the fluff and using less materials. Not low quality, just less stuff

They make that too.

one of the big things this year was the gas tanks and fuel systems required by the EPA. You'll notice that all the boats list smaller gas capacities this year. That is due to a newly designed liner tank that had to happen. There is a slew of other fuel related changes that just had to happen, this in turn makes the boats cost more...

Also, Malibu has to stay on top of their game. The customer asks for more features and "my boat is cool, but it would perfect if only it had_________________" Well Malibu tries to fill in those blanks every year.

Pulling myself up off the floor now. 2011 VTX at a good dealer, reasonably equiped, minus that great 10k stereo package, bling wheels etc etc... you should be able to get EASILY in the 60s!!

WOW, I'm glad I found my 98 Sunsetter with only 135 hours last year, and got a great deal, It is in amazing condition for 13 years old., the guy keep it in showroom condition. My family well we use the BU, we have more than doubled that this year alone, and have at least another month of skiing here in Indiana. I guess it may be another 10 years before I start looking for my next BU, hopefully one of you buying the new 2012 will have it for sale at a reasonable price in 2022 (keep me in mind, and please keep the hours off the boat). :thumbup::lol:

Pulling myself up off the floor now. 2011 VTX at a good dealer, reasonably equiped, minus that great 10k stereo package, bling wheels etc etc... you should be able to get EASILY in the 60s!!

I agree, I paid $66,500 for my 2011 VLX with some extras which iincluded, heated drivers seat, LED underwater lights, 3 vent heater, quad board racks, hotwater shower, 350 monsoon CAT-ETX, dripless shaft seal, walk thru transom cover, power wedge, maliview/MTC, soundpack 1 stereo, etc... even upgraded to 4 wheel disc brakes, custom color matched trailer, LED lights, spare tire, and 15" alum wheels.... The cover sheet said MSRP $95k with all the options....

If you are in the Reno, NV area try contacting Larson Marine in Rancho Cordova, CA... its about a 2 hour drive for you, ask for Derek in the sales department he is a good contact and will get you a fair price.

Edited by Fman

Sweet. Thanks for the referral.

I agree, I paid $66,500 for my 2011 VLX with some extras which iincluded, heated drivers seat, LED underwater lights, 3 vent heater, quad board racks, hotwater shower, 350 monsoon CAT-ETX, dripless shaft seal, walk thru transom cover, power wedge, maliview/MTC, soundpack 1 stereo, etc... even upgraded to 4 wheel disc brakes, custom color matched trailer, LED lights, spare tire, and 15" alum wheels.... The cover sheet said MSRP $95k with all the options....

If you are in the Reno, NV area try contacting Larson Marine in Rancho Cordova, CA... its about a 2 hour drive for you, ask for Derek in the sales department he is a good contact and will get you a fair price.

Don't buy a boat for sticker. Ever.

I dont know anyone who has payed sticker price. I just posted what they are priced at. It is crazy. My dealer is fantastic, but the rising prices are making it hard to justify!

Everyone has a different definition of that term.

Well to me it means every option, 4 tower speakers, board racks, shower, heater, heated seat, etc., not sure what it means to you.

That's canadian ahole tax :lol: .

never a good place to be... underneath an ahole :whistle:

I did buy my boat in the US (1 year old) initially it was based on availability the used market is slim in our area but in the end it was 25K cheaper. The canadian price discrepancy is laughable as the dollars have been within 10% for years