Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

303 cleaner-Upholstery stains

Anyone use it? I have some tough stains on the sides of some of the seats in the 08 VTX I purchased and have tried diluted Simple Green but some still won't come off. Don't really want to use Goof Off ect... due to the fact it could affect the upholstery even if washed off I'm told. Will the 303 cleaner do the job. I use 303 Protectorant for many years and love it but can't find the cleaner local,would have to order some. Any common cleaners that can be used safely? Just trying to be careful and not do any long lasting damage. SORRY, darn message said post didn't go thru and redid it without checking.

Edited by h2ojunkie

Anyone use it? I have some tough stains on the sides of some of the seats in the 08 VTX I purchased and have tried diluted Simple Green but some still won't come off. Don't really want to use Goof Off ect... due to the fact it could affect the upholstery even if washed off I'm told. Will the 303 cleaner do the job. I use 303 Protectorant for many years and love it but can't find the cleaner local,would have to order some. Any common cleaners that can be used safely? Just trying to be careful and not do any long lasting damage. SORRY, darn message said post didn't go thru and redid it without checking.

There are as many opinions as people on what the best cleaner is.

I use malco leather and plastic cleaner on my vinyl and it gets rave reviews.

Boat bling vinyl cleaner gets good reviews consistently.

Exquisite (can be found on Ebay) consistently gets good reviews.

The 303 cleaner almost never gets the same props that any of the above get. Use a soft brush and you will find it helps a lot.

I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges on the seats and it did a great job on getting marks and stains between the seats off. Just the original erasers

I was surfing a pontoon boat forum and they recommend a product call "Roll Off" it was made for cleaning convertible car canvas tops and boat vinyl. Going to try it when I pull the boat out this spring.

martinarcher

I was surfing a pontoon boat forum and they recommend a product call "Roll Off" it was made for cleaning convertible car canvas tops and boat vinyl. Going to try it when I pull the boat out this spring.

Keep us posted. I've tried a lot of different things with our white vinyl, but so far elbow grease seems to be the best. All the cleaners leave a bit to be desired IMO.

All the cleaners leave a bit to be desired IMO.

I agree. I used Exquisite this spring and it was okay. It does come with the brush, which is nice, but it certainly didn't give the results I thought I'd get after reading its reviews.