Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

303 Upholstery Cleaner

I have some tough stains on the sides of some of the seats in my VTX. Have used diluted Simple Green but wondering if the 303 stuff will do it better? Some stains are so stubborn I have had to use Goof Off, I wipe down the upholstery with water afterwards and then reapply 303 protectorant. Any suggestions?

I have some tough stains on the sides of some of the seats in my VTX. Have used diluted Simple Green but wondering if the 303 stuff will do it better? Some stains are so stubborn I have had to use Goof Off, I wipe down the upholstery with water afterwards and then reapply 303 protectorant. Any suggestions?

303 is not a cleaner, it is just a protectant. I would suggest using boat bling vinyl sauce or exquisite.

I used the cleaner, and it's not very good, and I don't recommend it. And my vinyl is only a couple of years old. I do swear by the 303 Protectant, though.

Soft Scrub with bleach will work on the white / cream for the impossible nasty stuff.

Very carefully , and rarely to get off the bad scuffs and stains.

I only use this for the real problem stains.

Otherwise it is the Formula 409 in the spray bottle.

Wipe off with wet towel , from a hot bucket of water.

Wipe dry with a dry towel.

Remove all of the residue.

You really shouldn't use cleaners with bleach. It degrades the threads.

Babe's Seat Soap and Bling Vinyl Sauce both work very well and neither contain bleach.

I used exquisite at the end of last season and it did a great job on my white interior but I used darn near the entire $16 bottle. Going to try LA totally awesome from dollar general along with 303 protectant this year based on recommendations from wakeworld..

Going to try LA totally awesome from dollar general along with 303 protectant this year based on recommendations from wakeworld..

I too tried the Totally Awesome based on what I read on WW. That stuff didn't clean anywhere near as good as the Vinyl Sauce I bought mid season this year. The Boat Bling products are definitely more than a buck but for a clean boat I'll splurge every time! I haven't used any of the other more expensive products out there but based on what I saw from the Boat Bling line up I don't need to.

I too tried the Totally Awesome based on what I read on WW. That stuff didn't clean anywhere near as good as the Vinyl Sauce I bought mid season this year. The Boat Bling products are definitely more than a buck but for a clean boat I'll splurge every time! I haven't used any of the other more expensive products out there but based on what I saw from the Boat Bling line up I don't need to.

did you use a brush?