Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So Now What?

WoodyBC

The boat is headed for storage, dock is coming out soon, and deer season is underway. To make the winter go by a little faster, I plow snow for several small businesses and friends, hunt a little bit and dream of spring. What do you guys do to pass the time until we get to launch :yahoo: the boats again?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NorCaliBu

• Sixball

• -BS-

• WoodyBC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Off-Season?? :unsure: What's that? :dontknow:

:biggrin:

From Labor Day until almost Memorial Day is when we enjoy the flat water that is Wally-Free. Not one #$@&ing tube in sight. :yahoo:

The boat is headed for storage, dock is coming out soon, and deer season is underway. To make the winter go by a little faster, I plow snow for several small businesses and friends, hunt a little bit and dream of spring. What do you guys do to pass the time until we get to launch :yahoo: the boats again?

More upgrades on the stereo planed...I stay busy do side jobs to help support my Boating habit.. Just volunteered to coordinate a Wake The World event for Summer 2012, So lots of Fund raising Efforts..& Planning..Watch My Daughters Softball games ( Spring ) Then Hopefully We have a Dry Spring .Last year Sucked...

From Labor Day until almost Memorial Day is when we enjoy the flat water that is Wally-Free. Not one #$@&ing tube in sight. :yahoo:

That would be so awesome. We get to walk on top of our lake, drill little holes in it, sit on buckets, and drop our lures in hoping to catch some fish...... :crazy:

I gotta move south!

I gotta move south!

Open invite to my northern brethern... :)

Of course, I have a sporty so any slalom skiers or footers...come on down. I even have an extra drysuit (O'Neill - size medium).

I'm in a hard class this term that the prof says will require 15 hours a week. So add that to life and I'll be set with 'stuff' until December. Once that's over I plan on getting back into running, reading some books, and anxiously awaiting for summer!

Snowboard, go to kids' games, workout, some honey dues at the house, etc. Boat upgades March and April. I'd like to add a couple of pairs of SXT65s to the tower for next season.

MalibuNation

Eat lots of carbs and sleep a lot.

Seriously, I do a little ice fishing, x-country skiing ... living near Lake MI I get plenty of snow shoveling. I tried to do more consulting over the winter than in the summer.

Last winter I tried to go through all my albums ... and stopped in the B's and would like to pick that up. Have lots of music I'd like to download and make some playlist.

Need to clean the man cave downstairs ... if I don't you'll see me on that show "Hoarders". Need to do some painting inside too.

Plowing the two mile camp road so we can get to the ice, to plow an area off for ice racing ATVS, alot of fixing what ever I broke on the truck plowing, and trying to make the ATV faster keeps me plenty busy. I like it almost as much as boating in the summer!

post-5050-066036800 1317821403_thumb.jpg

Lets see, deer season is underway. :thumbup: Going up to the cabin tomorrow. Need to clean the man cave downstairs, wish that was never brought up! Snow plowing, I do Older people on the road and some neighbors. Atv ridding on the lake. Walking with the dog on the lake. And oh ya who said Snowmobiling. I am hopping for a big snow season and a lot of Snowmobiling. Then more Snowmobiling. Some trips to the U.P. for more Snowmobiling.

I think this happens each year but. :biteme::lol:

Edited by Sixball

Maybe an indoor soccer team this year if we can put it together. Otherwise some hiking in the fall, then when snow hits it's ice skating and luge runs at the Muskegon Winter Sports complex. Hopefully lots of sledding down the dunes of Lake Michigan (didn't get to that last year). Downhill skiing occasionally.

And install a boat stereo.

During the hydrofoil off-season we spend a lot of time snowmobiling.

Our main goal is to keep the time between our fun seasons as short as possible. We hydrofoil from ice-out until early November, then snowmobile from early December until the snow is gone... Depending on the year, we've got around 3-6 weeks of downtime between seasons....

post-8882-074662400 1317824403_thumb.jpg

Get out the drysuit & keep on riding..... like NorCalibu said..... wally free. :rockon:

It's funny, our water has only cooled off about 5 degrees. We rode all weekend last weekend with air temps in the 70s & water temps in the 60s, wearing board shorts & a heater shirt. Had glassss all weekend long. :rockon:

Our local Malibu dealer, Bret at the Coeur d'Alene Yacht Club, invited us to come out for a ride behind a 2011 247 with the supercharged 6 liter. The wake was SICK & I had a great ride. Then we all went to the Beachhouse for dinner & beers. :yahoo:

post-821-088739300 1317834200_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

We will ride until November 1st typically.

Deer Season started two weeks ago, and I haven't been out yet. This weekend is wakeboard Saturday and hunt Sunday. It will be that way until we put the boat away.

Then it is hunting until February, and work on the boat until April when we get it back out. My offseason goes pretty fast...