Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Seat Skins

MalibuDave

I am looking into getting some new seat skins for my 05 VLX over the winter to give my boat some lovin. I would like to redo the whole boat but keep it original colors at the same time. Im not really sure where I can buy the skins from so any help would be great.

Has Anyone ever done this and been able to get the exact match to what they have? Or would the newer interiors fit on what I have already?

I am looking into getting some new seat skins for my 05 VLX over the winter to give my boat some lovin. I would like to redo the whole boat but keep it original colors at the same time. Im not really sure where I can buy the skins from so any help would be great.

Has Anyone ever done this and been able to get the exact match to what they have? Or would the newer interiors fit on what I have already?

Subscribed. I am curious as well.

You should be able to contact your dealer or Malibu for new seat bottom skins.

Subscribed. I am curious as well.

You may need to contact Chee (run a search for his contact info) since your right at the cutoff off of 7 years old.... but you could try a dealer or malibu first.

You may need to contact Chee (run a search for his contact info) since your right at the cutoff off of 7 years old.... but you could try a dealer or malibu first.

I'm not ready to go forward with this yet but may in the future. We bought the boat with some yellow staining on the vinyl. The vinyl itself is in great shape just not a huge fan of the staining. I wish there was a way to clean it up because I know the skins are not cheap to replace, especially if we were to do the whole boat.

Do you have any pics of your interior? I know of a few skins floating around in a couple of colors that might help you out.

I dont have any pics of the interior at the moment, but the colors are grey, white and blue. Im really looking to kind of redo the whole interior seats and all. Its not really in that bad of condition except for the sundeck turned brown where it is white but there are some spots that need it more that others. Im looking for a good winter project and a way to update my boat some. Im also looking into redoing some of the carpet.

I dont have any pics of the interior at the moment, but the colors are grey, white and blue. Im really looking to kind of redo the whole interior seats and all. Its not really in that bad of condition except for the sundeck turned brown where it is white but there are some spots that need it more that others. Im looking for a good winter project and a way to update my boat some. Im also looking into redoing some of the carpet.

Are you looking to modify your interior? Or just replace the Skins? If your just replaceing stock Skins Chee is the answer. If your changing configuration / layout your gonna have to go to a vinyl shop and have them custom make some stuff.

FWIW, I used Chee for my Skier interior and it turned out awesome. :rockon:

Are you looking to modify your interior? Or just replace the Skins? If your just replaceing stock Skins Chee is the answer. If your changing configuration / layout your gonna have to go to a vinyl shop and have them custom make some stuff.

FWIW, I used Chee for my Skier interior and it turned out awesome. :rockon:

I thought I had read threads stating that he was hard to get a hold of. Are his prices pretty fair?

I vouch for Chee too. He's actually cutting my skins as I type. I'll take pics when they arrive.

Chee's been great to communicate with. Always responds within a day or so via email.

Yes sir. He'll tell you exactly what he needs. For instance, I only had to send him the drivers side sidebar skin. He had templates for everything else.

Great thanks. I have a couple of buddies needing replacements.

Trent