Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sneak peek at 2012 Recoil

wakeboarder3780

Long story on how this happened but basically I got my hands on a 2012 Recoil and was able to ride it last night.

Let me first say that the pop on this board is amazing. There was a noticeable difference between the reflex and the recoil pop wise. More surprising to me is that this 3 stage didn't seem to drag and plow quite as much as 3-stages usually do. It actually seemed somewhat fast for being a 3 stage.

The only thing I didn't like is it had less flex than my 2011 reflex. Whether thats because of the new beefed up fast track system or because of the shape being a 3-stage instead of hybrid shape I'm not sure, but either way I was a little sad that this one seemed stiffer than my 2011 Reflex.

In any event for the pop I get out of this board I love it. I can still carve around with ease and it doesn't handle anything like a shovel (which is my past experience with 3 stages). Without further adieu here are some shots from my session last night:

sling1.jpg

sling2a.jpg

sling3.jpg

sling4.jpg

sling5.jpg

sling6.jpg

I like slignshot boards, I demo'd a recoil a couple years ago back when they only supported their own bindings... I would have bought it if I could have put my boots on it.

I like slignshot boards, I demo'd a recoil a couple years ago back when they only supported their own bindings... I would have bought it if I could have put my boots on it.

To the best of my knowledge, they've always supported a wide array of boots. The one year they had the 4 bolt pattern there was also the "normal" inserts in the board as well and should have worked just fine with your boots? At least whatever you're talking about I'm not aware of.

I'm talking about this:

g3_slingshot_wakeboard_reflex_137_2010_green.jpg

Anyways, even the new fast track system they have should work with any boots. I've had liquid force, hyperlite and ronix on it so far. Perhaps this is your year to pick one up :)

But yeah I've tried the Response, Reflex, Recoil, and Kine. This one is my favorite so far but they're all really neat boards. I just thought it was really cool that I got my paws on one before they were for sale :D I could say that I was the first customer to land an invert on it, teehee

I don't see the shots ... but if I reply they are in the reply?

I would love to see this forum site tackle this specific problem. This kind of crap happens off and on for different users and I don't understand what the problem is. It happens to me sometimes where all I see is the text "posted image" and other people can see it just fine and are replying like crazy saying how cool the image is and I can't even see it. Very frustrating.

Edit: MalibuNation, your location states you are in MI is that where you were this morning when trying to load this page? Or did you happen to be out of the country somewhere?

Edited by wakeboarder3780