Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wakesurf board shapes ?

wakechick3

We had our local Barrel Boss competition this weekend and I noticed about 98% of the riders were riding Shred Stixx boards. I am puzzled by the shape of these boards does anyone know why the rear of the boards are shaped like they are?

We had our local Barrel Boss competition this weekend and I noticed about 98% of the riders were riding Shred Stixx boards. I am puzzled by the shape of these boards does anyone know why the rear of the boards are shaped like they are?

I believe the sharper rails and square tails allow the board to release off the wake better. I am not a shaper but I know my Shred Stixx releases off the wake much faster than my Inland Surfer. Post your question up on the wakesurf section of wakeworld and you will have a ton of responses on how the shape changes the ride.

I sort of ride for shred stixx (hard to explain but basically I get a deal for being a fan, I am not that good) and I have tried lots and lots of boards but not all. I think Chase and a few other pros could win on most boards but the custom ones are made for him to rip. The tail design gives it push. Sharp edges keep the board from sticking to the wave. Think of a board like a sheet of glass, it will stick to the water and round edge hold the board down more. This is the reason for the channel in the middle on the bottom as well. Shred stixx custom boards are amazing. But I also think Soul craft, walker etc... make high end amazing boards. I am not a fan of mass produced boards, but I do like them for how durable they are. I have a 5 year old IS board that I beat the s*** out of and it's still rock solid. My custom shred stixx boards are so so amazing, but they are fragile and need to be handled with care and I always say treat them like an expensive egg.

duffy,

thanks for that info. My 'team' rider is also a 'sort of shred stixx team rider', he only came upon this recently and has not gotten his SS board yet because he has to pay for it himself and has only a few rides on others' SS. I tried SS years ago and didn't really care for it, but will definitely give it another try.