Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HH Quickdrain for oil draining

Colorado Boat'n

I can't seem to understand how the quickdrain on my HH works. I loosed the banjo bolt: at first one turn, then another, then by qtrs; but all I ever got was a slow drip into the oil catch bottle with hose pulled out the rear boat drain plug. I did run engine up to 150 temp before draining. I had a lot of time so I just let it drip out. The next day I tightened the banjo bolt down and added a quart. I then opened the drain cap on the oil drain hose to confirm that I closed the banjo and out comes oil again!!???

Does the quickdrain close or is it always open between the drain hose lead and oil pan? There appears to be a mark on the banjo bolt; is it supposed to be a certain direction for draining then another for refilling engine with fresh oil.

Thanks. Other option is to take banjo bolt all the way off and just figure out, but this will make a huge mess as I've discovered it is difficult to get all the oil out the drain tube.

Our boat has the monsoon engine but I expect the drain hoses are similar. You shouldn't neesd to play with the banjo bolt. Take the cap off the drain hose and let it slowly drain out. I made up an adapter and suck it out the drain hose using my vacuum fluid extractor. Speeds things up a lot, took only 5 minutes or so to drain her dry. Good luck.

Check the hose where it comes out of the oil pan. I have to watch mine as it will sometimes kink, causing the oil to drian very slowly and not all will drain.