Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What did I do?

I think I broke sumthin'. Today I removed the Intake cover in an attempt to fog my engine (probably should not have done this) and it didn't like this...it won't start now. I hear a click when I turn the key but nothing happens. I did check the OBD-M (2007 Monsoon 340) and found the following inactive fault: MAP Sensor SPN 106 CM 0 Voltage Short or Below Normal RNG FMI 4 OC 127.

Is there a way to clear this or reset the ignition?

Note: I did not take the intake cover completely off, just had a helper lift the back end up a few inches while I tried to start the engine.

Any Ideas?

I think I broke sumthin'. Today I removed the Intake cover in an attempt to fog my engine (probably should not have done this) and it didn't like this...it won't start now. I hear a click when I turn the key but nothing happens. I did check the OBD-M (2007 Monsoon 340) and found the following inactive fault: MAP Sensor SPN 106 CM 0 Voltage Short or Below Normal RNG FMI 4 OC 127.

Is there a way to clear this or reset the ignition?

Note: I did not take the intake cover completely off, just had a helper lift the back end up a few inches while I tried to start the engine.

Any Ideas?

There is a lot that could have gone wrong here. Go back and double check all your work and make sure nothing got disconnected by accident.

Also, I suspect that the code you got might have been created because you cranked the engine without the plenum in place. This code would be generated when the processor got a tack signal but no MAP signal. Just a hunch though I am just an automotive tech.

I believe the MAP is located right behind the distributor directly attached to the intake plenum....did you disconnect it before you pulled the plenum? Cause if you didn't you might have pulled one of the wires out of the connector.

A place to start anyway.

Did you remove the intake plenum or did you remove the K&N to fog the engine?

Honestly, either way you should not have fogged that motor with the engine running. In 2007 you have a catalyst motor and Indmar says not to get any raw fogging oil on the catalyst then let it sit all winter as it can possibly damage the catalyst.

If you popped the intake plenum off, or lifted it up like you described, you should replace the gasket seal. If you don't you could have a possible vacuum leak past the throttle body creating rich / poor run condition on the motor.

The MAP sensor "runs the motor" with it un-hooked, the motor will not start up but it wont stop the motor from cranking. I think you have multiple issues going on to be honest. I would get it into a shop so you can make sure its winterized correct. Putting the motor away right in my opinion is the most important service you can do, so make sure its done right.

-Paul

I did not spray any fogging oil in the engine. I may have gotten water on some wiring down by the tranny where I hooked a water hose to the intake supply hose.... it squirted a bit (1 or 2 ounces) around before I could get the hose clamp tightened. By the looks of it, Im off to the dealer.

I did not spray any fogging oil in the engine. I may have gotten water on some wiring down by the tranny where I hooked a water hose to the intake supply hose.... it squirted a bit (1 or 2 ounces) around before I could get the hose clamp tightened. By the looks of it, Im off to the dealer.

good idea... :thumbup: