Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Original Perfect Pass?

1985Skier

My families 1985 Malibu Skier has what seems like a perfect pass. Would that be something that would come stock in the boat? Or was that added later probably? Also it seems like the wire is cut at the dash end of it so it does not work right now. Would it be worth going through the trouble to get that working again? Would it work similar to the perfect pass of today? I know I just asked like 10 questions but any ideas or thoughts would help. I am just wondering if it would be worth trying to talk my family into hooking it back up!

martinarcher

You Skier did not come with Perfect Pass. It was not offered that far back, but I would guess it was added later on. Any pics of the Perfect pass gauge on the dash? That would help us let you know what you've got. I've added Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro to my Sunsetter and it is the best thing I've added to the boat so far!

You can see my Perfect Pass gauge in this pic on the left side. This photo was during the installation so the boat was a bit of a mess. LOL.gif

P5200222.jpg

jkendallmsce

This is the gauge that I am uncertain of on the dash.

IMG_0208.jpg

Perfect pass was not a company back in 86. The timer (a person) sat in the boat and used a stop watch for tournament use.

What your looking is a a teledyne depth gage. look in and around the engine and they'll be somehting glued to the hull...that is the transducer...or you may have an external one attached to the stern

In the 80's, "perfect pass" was an old guy who had been driving for 40-50 years who gave you the "sweet sweet throttle" and not the "hammer"--unless you were jumping. Then "perfect pass" was the "hammer."

Smile.gif

jkendallmsce

In the 80's, "perfect pass" was an old guy who had been driving for 40-50 years who gave you the "sweet sweet throttle" and not the "hammer"--unless you were jumping. Then "perfect pass" was the "hammer."

Smile.gif

And Perfect Pass has saved many a marriage!!

Smile.gif

A top level skier that I met last summer told me that when he started training a few years ago, he and his wife bought an old Supra Comp. The boat only went 36 at WOT and he skis at 34. She'd run WOT and hold it there for the whole run. They'd enter the start gates at 36mph, but with him pulling behind the boat they'd only be going 32mph at the exit gates so it all "averaged out."

He was a super nice guy and didn't complain about my driving once during the open water runs i pulled him on while he was here. "I know what 34 feels like, just try and keep it close" He said. And man did he yank my little Echelon all over the lake! Makes you wonder about all these guys constantly complaining about the smallest things while they ski.

Anyway, yeah that's a depth gauge in the Skier.

jkendallmsce

Thanks for the help guys. Are you certain that it is a depth gauge? or something for the slalom course?

trace the wire back to the tranducer....100% depth gage.

take a look at Bart or overtons....do a seach dor depth gage....there ya go