Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new to forum,suggestions for ballasts

panic101

i am new to the forum and malibu boats. we just bought our first malibu. Its a 2002 sunscape lsv 23 with no wedge and no factory ballasts. i want to put some sacs in to get a better wake for wakeboarding and if it was possible to wakesurf behind this boat also set it up for that as well. if anyone has a similar boat with a ballast set up that has any info to help i would greatly appreciate it.any info would be great.thanks

You should call Paul at BAKES. That guy WILL know exactly what you need, will sell it to ya at a decent price, and help ya with correct installation. And he's really a pretty nice guy! Check out his website HERE or call him @ 425-392-7599. He should be willing to hook ya up good right about now. He's got alotta little mouths to feed.

Edited by Bawshogg

I would look for a couple of ballast bags that fill each of your back hatches and go forward under each side bench. I have seen them online and I think they hold about 1500# of water each. I would have them plumbed so when you want to change from surfing right to left, a pump would do it without having to dump overboard and wait for the other side to fill. Get big diamater hoses as 3/4 inch lines are way too slow.