Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Powder coating board racks

2008vtx

Was looking ay powder coating our board racks this off season . Im tired of polishing them and think they would look nice in a matching color , any experiance with this ? How did they hold up , how did they turn out etc ...

I thought about this as well, would love to see what people have done.

i had the fingers and the tower mount coated this last winter at a local body shop. cost was $100 for two racks worth. i should have done the rack base as well, maybe this winter. it has held up good, certainly an improvement over the pitted chrome that was there.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee417/cdyrlund/IMG_0853.jpg

I did mine this last winter. You will need to completly disassemble them to have them done correctly. What brand are they? I spent I think 200 to do two Titan spinners and two Titan fixed racks. Be carefull with the rubber inserts on those racks. I almost sh** a brick when I called down to Star One (formerly Titan) and they wanted 240 bucks for new rubber inserts. I am pretty happy with how they came out all said and done, and YES, they are way easier to keep clean. One of the main reasons I did mine also.

We have the titan spinners as well thanks for the input .Bawshogg do you have the all black VTX that i see around ross island ?

Most likely yes, That would be me. Here's a recent pic, bugs and all. Just took them off for hibernation.IMAG0111.jpg

Edited by Bawshogg

I did mine this last winter. You will need to completly disassemble them to have them done correctly. What brand are they? I spent I think 200 to do two Titan spinners and two Titan fixed racks. Be carefull with the rubber inserts on those racks. I almost sh** a brick when I called down to Star One (formerly Titan) and they wanted 240 bucks for new rubber inserts. I am pretty happy with how they came out all said and done, and YES, they are way easier to keep clean. One of the main reasons I did mine also.

Rubber inserts run $25.00 per 12ft, so you would be looking at about $100.00 to re-rubber four racks...

I dunno if I spoke to you or not, but the gal that answers your phones quoted me in the area of $240.00 shipped. I haggled with her for several minutes, and she offered me a small discount for being a TMC memeber, but it was still over two hundered bucks. Might want to inform her.

I dunno if I spoke to you or not, but the gal that answers your phones quoted me in the area of $240.00 shipped. I haggled with her for several minutes, and she offered me a small discount for being a TMC memeber, but it was still over two hundered bucks. Might want to inform her.

She is not with us anylonger, she was only here for about two months... If you have any questions just ask for myself and I will get you taken care of....

Most likely yes, That would be me. Here's a recent pic, bugs and all. Just took them off for hibernation.IMAG0111.jpg

I love the way those look. Did you powder coat the whole thing, swivel mechanism and all? I polished mine last year and they looked great for a few months and now look about the same as before. Unfortunately i gorilla glued in the rubber inserts so i'm not sure i'll be able to get them back out again easily... Oh we'll I'll see how easy can get them out as it may be worth it..