Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACE Recreational Marine insurance

bb01760

Had them for a few years becasue they're a USA waterski sponser... Never had a claim, so don't have experience with that. but, they were very helpful on the phone when I called to cancel my old boat, and add my new boat policy. I believe it's agreed value on the boat, and market value on the trailer. Good price from what else I've seen out there.

I've had coverage through them for about 8 years or so and no issues. Luckily I haven't had any claims so I can't speak to that. Most of my contact related to the policy has been through my agent (Global Marine Insurance), but they are the only company they use for ski boats. Seems like the price has always been pretty competitive - I think I am paying something like $250 a year.

Banged my boat up pretty good last late fall (submerged log), $5500 worth of damage. I had to cover the deductible of course ($800 if memory serves), they covered the rest. Handled my claim in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time and no undue issues in dealing with them. I'm happy with 'em.

FWIW found a really excellent repair facility in KC, Summit Boats in Lees Summit, Mo. Took care of everything in again what I thought was a reasonable amount of time considering the damage. Boat is like new, can't tell there was ever any dmage, drives/tracks like a new one. It's all good.

Ed

I had a 5 year old board stolen out of the boat, they gave me full cost that I paid for board and bindings with out any questions.

Wow, a board that was worth more than your deductibleor did they waive it....?

Wow, a board that was worth more than your deductibleor did they waive it....?

I have them too, and have on a few different boats. They have been nothin but good as far as I am concerned. I think if footlong has the same coverage as I do, they have a "personal effects" writer that allows for stolen equipment to be replaced for little or no deductible upto a certain amount. Think mine is around 2k. I have an agreed value policy, and have dealt with them on a claim or two. Very easy to deal with and everthing went well. I chose exactly who would repair my boat, and they paid the bill, sans deductible.