Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

swim platform weight limits

Vettesetter

I'm wanting to get a standup PWC, but would like to somehow to have it on the boat trailer or swim platform for transportation to and from the lake.

Has anyone put a small standup PWC, on the swim platform. Would it handle the weight, they are under 300 lbs. Or, what about a dual hitch receiver with a modified bike carrier so the ski sits up at the hitch area?

No way I'd do that to the swim platform. I'm only 190, and can feel the flex of my platform when the boat is floating in the water. Can't imagine how bad it would be with the boat sitting on a much firmer trailer. I think you'd be much better off with the dual hitch receiver approach. Seems like I recently saw a rig on here that was set up that way. I'll have to see if I can find it...

That just doesn't look right, and there may be times where you would run out of ramp (concrete) when water levels are at the lowest points causing some grief at times as I see it.

Nope, I wouldnt do it. I know for a fact that the platform on my boat can hold way over 300 lbs when floating in the water, but no way would i put more than a few pounds (I've never left anything on it) while bumping down the road on a trailer. It is cantilevered way too far off the back of the boat.

Get on of these? Just watch out for low bridges...

post-1978-005167300 1317355363_thumb.jpg

Edited by chadwick02

I have always liked this solution

Remove the swim deck, Have a welding shop make a removable bracket that uses 2 hitch receivers welded on the trailer by the lights and holds the ski and the platform in the vertical position while towing and once the ski is launched the bracket comes off so the boat can by launched.

I had a drawing once but I have misplaced it

I have always liked this solution

Remove the swim deck, Have a welding shop make a removable bracket that uses 2 hitch receivers welded on the trailer by the lights and holds the ski and the platform in the vertical position while towing and once the ski is launched the bracket comes off so the boat can by launched.

I had a drawing once but I have misplaced it

Why not just beef up the platform by adding 2 or more brackets, then the ski would be on the boat without any hassle.

Edited by Joe Hollywood