Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Throttle panel loose

lilsurfguy

;) I have an 06 V-ride. It has the flip up lid where the stereo deck is located directly behind the throttle. This panel is exteremely loose and I can't seem to figure out where it fasten's at? Any help? It's very annoying!!

;) I have an 06 V-ride. It has the flip up lid where the stereo deck is located directly behind the throttle. This panel is exteremely loose and I can't seem to figure out where it fasten's at? Any help? It's very annoying!!

My '04 VLX has three bolts that are glued across the top of the inside of the panel. Those bolts go through the fiberglass and are fastened on the other side by washer and nut. Mine came loose too and I found that one of the bolts had come unglued. I cleaned it off and tried to glue it back but it came unglued after the first outing. I need to get back in there and re-glue it, but I need to find a better adhesive. Maybe someone on here will know what to use.

My '04 VLX has three bolts that are glued across the top of the inside of the panel. Those bolts go through the fiberglass and are fastened on the other side by washer and nut. Mine came loose too and I found that one of the bolts had come unglued. I cleaned it off and tried to glue it back but it came unglued after the first outing. I need to get back in there and re-glue it, but I need to find a better adhesive. Maybe someone on here will know what to use.

Same story on my end, I posted about it a while ago, and then found the glue holding the washers posts together. Mine came undone on one, and is loose. Poor design there. Glue is not a great engineering material for items that may require removal.

Same story on my end, I posted about it a while ago, and then found the glue holding the washers posts together. Mine came undone on one, and is loose. Poor design there. Glue is not a great engineering material for items that may require removal.

Any idea of what kind of adhesive to use to make the repair? I tried a Loctite epoxy the first time it came unglued and QuikSteel the second time, but neither one held. Sorry if this is getting away from the OP, but I think you will find this is the problem.

Thanks for the input guy's! I guess I will try for some durable adhesive and hope for the best! (maybe some construction epoxy, stuff is crazy strong) :rockon:

Any idea of what kind of adhesive to use to make the repair? I tried a Loctite epoxy the first time it came unglued and QuikSteel the second time, but neither one held. Sorry if this is getting away from the OP, but I think you will find this is the problem.

I would imagine the key would to hold it together while it dries. Something like jb weld (if you get it through both sides of the opening in the washer) would hold it together. Any mix style epoxy should do that has higher tensile strengh, since that is basically your failure mode here, unless you are leaning on it heavily.

may also have some screws at the bottom

You would think. I found a couple mounting blocks on the hull that I used to anchor this panel down better. All that bouncing around with the breaker panel right there and all those connection....? I figured it was a good idea but I don't recall there being any screws down there before.

Edited by Ndawg12