Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good deal on 25 LSV

Baileyak228

sad to see these boats are going for this low now. i paid 78 for mine out the door in 06. this one looks to be in great shape, do malibu's depreciate badly or is it just this particular model? i was thinking mine had to be at least 40 still.. maybe im wrong though :( either way i have no plans of selling mine but a little bit discouraging for me to see, i still love my big bu

http://columbia.craigslist.org/boa/2592957001.html

i remember there being a post about someone looking for one like this a week or two ago. hope this helps.

alex

Edited by Baileyak228

holy crap. that seems way too cheap...makes you wonder with all these fraud horror stories. I think a lot of it is perception...if that boat had updated graphics... ie a wrap and some HLCDs on the tower, it'd get a lot more attention. Also, location and aluminum trailer suggests saltwater use...

Talk about a surf machine...I am not familiar with the rear compartments on that, but could you fit an 1100 lb sac in the rear locker for surfing? I say you'd need a 2.5ftwide x 2.5ft x 3.5ft or so space to fit the majority of that weight in there. Then you'd need to run a 750 or so up the side along the length of the boat, then factory ballast.

With a boat that big you'd need to try to get above 2500lbs on surf side to get a good lean... then you'd have a solid waist high wave, effortless with that 8.1... do you think you could fit that under the seats in the rear surf side in that boat?

Is that the right trailer? What's with the transom straps, looks like the whole boat is way too far back.

Looks like a custom aluminum with no prop guard like the MC and CC trailers back in the 70s and 80s. Axles look to be in the right spot, it's just not an Extreme or a Boatmate.

25 was one of those models that didn't go over too well for whatever reason. Even with that being the case, if it's legit, it's way under the potential value of that boat.

holy crap. that seems way too cheap...makes you wonder with all these fraud horror stories. I think a lot of it is perception...if that boat had updated graphics... ie a wrap and some HLCDs on the tower, it'd get a lot more attention. Also, location and aluminum trailer suggests saltwater use...

Talk about a surf machine...I am not familiar with the rear compartments on that, but could you fit an 1100 lb sac in the rear locker for surfing? I say you'd need a 2.5ftwide x 2.5ft x 3.5ft or so space to fit the majority of that weight in there. Then you'd need to run a 750 or so up the side along the length of the boat, then factory ballast.

With a boat that big you'd need to try to get above 2500lbs on surf side to get a good lean... then you'd have a solid waist high wave, effortless with that 8.1... do you think you could fit that under the seats in the rear surf side in that boat?

ya you definitley could that gives me an idea. i think going to put one of those in mine. but ya this would be a great deal on a boat for anyone that was in the market for one

Is that a bazooka tube on the top of the tower?? Did anyone else notice that?

I think that is an automatic rope winder. I am not sure they sold very well because they were so stupid looking and it seemed that they cost $500+.

Looks like it is a salt water boat to me.

I bought a 25 lsv sunsetter- just like this one except blue and white in August. I paid $28,900 and thought I got a great deal. The trailer is a magic tilt- have the same issue with the transome straps- not designed very well.

Mine came from VA- never in salt water- had an inspection done just to be sure. Mine has a salt water flush, but evidence of salt/corrosion anywhere in the engine/boat/trailer.

I do have an 1100 lb sac on the drivers side engine compartment and a 400 under the seat behind the driver. There is a 750 on the other side (batteries prevent the 1100- not enough space) and another 400 on that side. There is also a 400 in the ski locker. HUGE surf wake and an awesome wakeboard wake with just the rear ballast at 25mph.

Great boat- love it- feels like more space than my family room when you are in it, but still drives/handles like a dream. As long as no salt, no brainer.

Edited by LiquidCourage

I bought a 25 lsv sunsetter- just like this one except blue and white in August. I paid $28,900 and thought I got a great deal. The trailer is a magic tilt- have the same issue with the transome straps- not designed very well.

Mine came from VA- never in salt water- had an inspection done just to be sure. Mine has a salt water flush, but evidence of salt/corrosion anywhere in the engine/boat/trailer.

I do have an 1100 lb sac on the drivers side engine compartment and a 400 under the seat behind the driver. There is a 750 on the other side (batteries prevent the 1100- not enough space) and another 400 on that side. There is also a 400 in the ski locker. HUGE surf wake and an awesome wakeboard wake with just the rear ballast at 25mph.

Great boat- love it- feels like more space than my family room when you are in it, but still drives/handles like a dream. As long as no salt, no brainer.

Got any pics of your purf wake??? how much factory ballast?

I would like to see a picture if this as well or at least how you have it set up in there if at all possible

I would like to see a picture if this as well or at least how you have it set up in there if at all possible

It is a sunscape, so it does not have any factory ballast. Took some pics this weekend- will get them uploaded tonight.