Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

False alert on Power Wedge sensor

Hi everyone,

I have recently acquired an 08 23 LSV and just noticed I'm getting an alert that my wedge is down whenever I pass 25mph on the water. My wedge is definitely in the up position but the gauge shows the needle half-way between the all the way up position and the middle. Whenever I look at the wedge when stopped it's where it should be, all the way up, and i can't move it by hand.

Before I ever operated the wedge, the needle was always all the way up on the gauge and I used to be able to go up to 37mph or so and never got an alarm but since I have operated it, I have this issue. My dealer mentioned they had replaced one of the hydraulic accuators on the wedge. I'm wondering if I have a sensor issue or if my wedge moves to the wrong position while riding.

Anyone?

Hi everyone,

I have recently acquired an 08 23 LSV and just noticed I'm getting an alert that my wedge is down whenever I pass 25mph on the water. My wedge is definitely in the up position but the gauge shows the needle half-way between the all the way up position and the middle. Whenever I look at the wedge when stopped it's where it should be, all the way up, and i can't move it by hand.

Before I ever operated the wedge, the needle was always all the way up on the gauge and I used to be able to go up to 37mph or so and never got an alarm but since I have operated it, I have this issue. My dealer mentioned they had replaced one of the hydraulic accuators on the wedge. I'm wondering if I have a sensor issue or if my wedge moves to the wrong position while riding.

Anyone?

I think I might have figured it out, I might need to calibrate the wedge. Will try that next time.

• 9 months later...

My 2008 LXi is currently having this problem, they replaced the wedge sensor in 2010 already. Nobody ever told me to recalibrate the wedge every time the battery is turned off or disconnected. Tried recalibrating several times last night on water but wedge is saying its down on the maliview when above 25mph but visibly looks up. The guage looks like you state, halfway between up and max wake size. What did you find out?

Anyone know how to re-calibrate the wedge? My buddy has burned through 4 actuators in a summer and we think its because they are fighting against each other, and it would be nice to have a functioning wedge.

• 4 weeks later...

When the wedge meter doesn't match the actual wedge position, first thing to do is to deploy it all the way down, till both the wedge and the meter reflect accurately.....then bring the wedge back up, the meter should follow accurately.

This 10 seconds will solve lots of these problems.