Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what prop for my 90 euro f3 mystere

merlinwag

i just bought a 90 euro f3 mystere and the three blade prop has a few chingers and a dent in it. what prop do you guys recomend for it? it has the mercruiser 260horse. we mainly cruise the lake with a boat load, sometimes ski or knee board. i guess a little more speed and economy is what i would be after. any help greatley appreciated

thanks crew!!!

i just bought a 90 euro f3 mystere and the three blade prop has a few chingers and a dent in it. what prop do you guys recomend for it? it has the mercruiser 260horse. we mainly cruise the lake with a boat load, sometimes ski or knee board. i guess a little more speed and economy is what i would be after. any help greatley appreciated

thanks crew!!!

if not beat up too badly, why not fix the present prop???cheaper than buying a new one.

if buying a new prop, the 515 (13x13 with some cup) is a good prop.

I have a 4 blade 13x13 if you are interested. I have had thie prop on our lake boat and is a great prop. PM me.

not sure what size you had but i have a acme 1257 13x14 prop that is in perfect shape i had as a spare for my old supra but only used it a couple of times to try it out

What is the current prop? If the original or close to it, there have been significant advancements in props recently. I would suggest calling and talking to both OJ and Acme, both will be very cooperative and offer great suggestions on what you want/need to improve the performance of your boat. The newer CNC props offer a significant performance improvement over the original equipment which is probably a 3 blade nibral prop.

Acme 515. You'll be happy.

thank you all for your help. jk13, you're right, i have a 1" shaft. i talked to acme today, they recomended an Acme # 541 - 13.00 X 12.00 VL3B 1.00 .080 has anyone run this prop before? i currently have a oj three blade 13x13 that also has "scup" stamped on it. i am going to check on having it reworked, even if i go to a new prop, it will be nice to have it as a spare.

thanks again!!!

I picked up a OJ XMP #310 in July from Discount Inboard Marine and still can not believe the improved performance. I would call DIM and get some feed back from them as well. We have a short in-run on one side of our course and the 310 has a great hole shot and the boat will pull right to 40 mph. We have a slightly modified 5.7 but the 310 should work well on the 260 hp. DIM will be hard to beat on price and service.

thank you all for your help. jk13, you're right, i have a 1" shaft. i talked to acme today, they recomended an Acme # 541 - 13.00 X 12.00 VL3B 1.00 .080 has anyone run this prop before? i currently have a oj three blade 13x13 that also has "scup" stamped on it. i am going to check on having it reworked, even if i go to a new prop, it will be nice to have it as a spare.

thanks again!!!

If you look here:

http://acmemarine.com/prop-list_ski-boat.php

You will see that the 541 and the 515 share the same specs, other than shaft size. So all the performance recommendations above still apply.