Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Would you rather drive your boat or watch the action in the back ?

PrimeData

I prefer to watch my friends wakeboard because I can offer a lot of good advice to help them progress, plus they're fun to watch. Problem is finding someone you trust to drive the boat. I have 2 guys that I let drive the boat, but one is inexperienced (first year driving) the other still makes faults that I feel like he should understand by now (will go by low water areas, doesnt give enough throttle after PP engages making it constantly engage and disengage, will for some reason point the boat towards shore on a straight away and have to turn half way down instead of heading parallel to shore and not making the rider wait for him to make his unnecessary turn).

I guess it would probably be better if I forced my buddies to drive more, while i was in the boat so I could make suggestions while they drive. In the past I've tended to drive the boat whenever possible because I'm afraid they're going to do something dumb and cost me lots of money.

My crew consists of me, my wife, and our 2 children under the age of 3. So I drive 50% of the time. The other 50% I am following the boat.

In the rare situation when we have guests I do 90% of the driving. I wish it was not that much but my wife is better at keeping the boat in a state of homeostasis with the kids. I THOROUGHLY enjoy the few times a year I get to relax, observe, and coach.

My crew consists of me, my wife, and our 2 children under the age of 3. So I drive 50% of the time. The other 50% I am following the boat.

In the rare situation when we have guests I do 90% of the driving. I wish it was not that much but my wife is better at keeping the boat in a state of homeostasis with the kids. I THOROUGHLY enjoy the few times a year I get to relax, observe, and coach.

This summer was really the first time in 3 seasons that I was actually in the spotters seat of my boat. It was fun (at first). Otherwise I am either the guy driving or behind the boat, like you said. Of course, the one time I am in the spotters seat was when we decided to go on Lake Michigan. Slightly nervous. "Stay away from the side of the channel, you're too close. Are you watching your guages? Goose it over that roller, quickly!" I'd pretty much rather drive, and I think my family prefers it that way.