Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Electric trailer winch

PrimeData

I have done it with a small ATV winch and it was one of the best upgrades we've done. It has a freewheel mode for pulling it out, we mounted a small ATV battery to the trailer to run it that charges thru the trailer plug when running. One of the lakes we visit often, is a short concrete ramp that is state owned and states, absolutely no power loading, Our pond has a beach boat launch that is hard to get the trailer in level (from people power loading), which makes it hard to center the boat on the trailer. I have added Poly plastic to the inside of the fenders on an angle to help center the boat while pulling it on, With the electric winch I can leave the trailer out of the water a bit more, winching the boat on further with no effort, allowing it to center without power loading. In our situation it really has been a great addition, and maybe I'm getting old too. ;)

post-5050-044912800 1317135119_thumb.jpg

post-5050-099160100 1317135245_thumb.jpg