Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Access rear ballast tank 2005 Wakesetter LSV

RJ1

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to access my left rear ballast tank in my 2005 Wakesetter LSV? I need to get to the gauge. Thanks

You have to pull up the rear floor on top of the tank. The screws are hidden in the carpet. Just find them and once you pull off the floor up, the gauge is right on top on the tank and easy to fix. the hard part is just getting the floor off

Edited by MalibuDave

Thanks. I got the job done. The hardest part was dealing with the screws under the seat frame. I found that the float on the gauge was stuck at the top.

I'm dealing with the same issue. My drain pump quit working. I understand having to find the screws to unfasten the floor. What I don't understand is that the floor appears to be on piece going up front. Are the floor boards seperate with the carpet being one piece over the floor? I don't want to have to take out the entire floor.

• 2 weeks later...

skibreeze, you have the floor like I do. I honestly could not figure out how to get it out without taking all the seats out. The reason I needed to get under the floor was just to do the "add a bag" ballast upgrade so I could just have a buddy lift it 6 inches while I tightened hoses. If you need to get at the rear ballast pump and you dont have the little access panel like me - you're screwed. It's on my to do list to make my own access panels because I'll be damned if I'm tearing the whole boat apart just to get at my pumps. You may want to undo the screws have a buddy lift it and cut your own access panel like I plan on doing. I tried to get people to take pictures of what their access panel looked like in the following thread but didnt get any answers (just a verbal description):

Edit: If you have no idea where to cut, you can see where the empty pumps 3/4 tube runs straight up from the back of the locker. There is a little cutout in the floor to allow the 3/4 inch tubing to pass through without getting pinched. I would suggest cutting in that area first until you can see underneath it. Any way you cut it, people like us without access panels got totally boned.

Edited by wakeboarder3780
  • 9 years later...

Hi, I am a new member and I am requiring a way to make access to the rear ballast pump on 2005 wakesetter, are there any pics of people making an access panel?

Thanks,