Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast Filling switches

Hello,

This might be a dumb question but I just bought an '05 malibu vlx with 4 ballast tanks. There is only 3

ballast fill/drain switches on the dash? Could you tell me which switches fill what? Does the single one on the left fill both front and middle tanks, and the two switches together with <-- and --> fill left and right rear tanks? Thanks for your help.

-Johnny

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. So there is only one pump/switch for the mid and front tanks? Which side will they (2) drain from? Also I have 2 acc switches one left and one right side of steering wheel? Any idea what they are for? I see a wires coming out of back of switches but nothing happens when switched on?

Thanks again

-Johnny

They'll drain from the overfill holes. So, when the tanks are full they'll overfill / drain from two holes directly in front of the driver. These are the same holes they'll drain from.

I've got an '04, so mine's a little different. An empty switch is just that, empty. So you can fill it if you want to with something else.

My guess is you don't have a heater.

I've got a heater - one switch on the right. I've also got a separate switch for the bow/mid balast. I'm really glad I do too Tongue.gif Really though, I always fill both of them, so I guess I don't really need separate switches for them.

Good luck.

From what I can gather. The early '04's had three switches for four tanks then went to four switches later in '04 production. I've not heard of anything later than mid '04 with four tanks and three switches but I would expect it to be possible. Has anyone else got this setup? I have noticed some boats with different ballast dumps as far as where they exit. I've seen some ballast exits on the passenger side from the Tenn plant. Not sure if that is still so.